Pikachu 3DSXL came with huge scratches on the screen

#1Vinceisg0ddPosted 4/29/2013 6:20:38 PM
Can they fix it? I am very disappointed =[

Here are the scratches in question with the best picture I could manage. They are huge and very noticeable. I can also feel them when I go over them with the stylus. This has never been used and came like this.

http://i.imgur.com/fiX4AUt.jpg
#2ethsfanPosted 4/29/2013 6:22:05 PM
from dirt/dust
#3OoSubaruoOPosted 4/29/2013 6:22:27 PM
Did you just buy it recently? If so, from whom? You could try returning it for a new console instead.
#4BigReedPosted 4/29/2013 6:24:13 PM
When electronics are shipped, there is an extensive process to ensure that there is no foreign substances on the devices.

So, if you bought that new, it wasn't new if you opened it up and it looked like that.

However, judging from the photo, there is some serious dust on that thing. Was this user error by chance?
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#5Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:27:15 PM
All I did was open it and turn it on. I noticed the scratches immediately. The dust isn't even really noticeable outside of the picture. It's probably from the cloth thingi I used to see if it was actually a scratch or I could just wipe it off.

How could this possibly be user error? =p I could essentially contact Chapters where I purchased it and replace it, but I doubt they have any additional in stock...
#6Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:35:19 PM
Also, I am aware of the dirt/dust on the screen. That is not what I'm worried about, it's the 2-3 large visible scratches. You can see them if you look at the top left and middle left of the iPhone in the picture.

I am assuming the dust came when I had it open updating the system.
#7ethsfanPosted 4/29/2013 6:37:19 PM
Vinceisg0dd posted...
Also, I am aware of the dirt/dust on the screen. That is not what I'm worried about, it's the 2-3 large visible scratches. You can see them if you look at the top left and middle left of the iPhone in the picture.

we're saying those are scratches from dust and dirt. so either you scratched it or it had alreadt been opened and scratched when you bought it
#8DeathSnipe777Posted 4/29/2013 6:37:37 PM
Call Nintendo, set up a repair order. It's definitely under the warranty.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#9Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:39:52 PM
ethsfan posted...
Vinceisg0dd posted...

we're saying those are scratches from dust and dirt. so either you scratched it or it had alreadt been opened and scratched when you bought it

Everything seemed to be in order when I opened it, although I'm sure I could repackage it identically if I wanted to.

I don't see how a small speck of dirt could cause this much damage. You don't understand how big these things are. I just did a check with my very old DS that I used for years without a screen protector: I pushed down pretty much as hard as I goddamned could and even made cutting motions- nothing at all.
#10flipzasPosted 4/29/2013 6:42:28 PM
Don't send it back, call Nintendo support and they can fix it for you