Pikachu 3DSXL came with huge scratches on the screen

#11Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:58:29 PM
flipzas posted...
Don't send it back, call Nintendo support and they can fix it for you

Just called Nintendo. $130 plus shipping & handling & tax to fix the screen, which they said they couldn't even guarantee they could do and might have to replace it with a regular 3DSXL.

What the hell?
#12Nickcool1996Posted 4/29/2013 7:03:45 PM
Vinceisg0dd posted...
flipzas posted...

Just called Nintendo. $130 plus shipping & handling & tax to fix the screen, which they said they couldn't even guarantee they could do and might have to replace it with a regular 3DSXL.

What the hell?

That's odd. I just got my nephew's 3DS back from repairs since he said it wouldn't turn on anymore, and it was free - shipping and everything. They even replaced both of my chargers. I think you should've set up an order online like I did. If the XL is under warranty, everything should be free.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#13Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:11:04 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Vinceisg0dd posted...
flipzas posted...

What the hell?

That's odd. I just got my nephew's 3DS back from repairs since he said it wouldn't turn on anymore, and it was free - shipping and everything. They even replaced both of my chargers. I think you should've set up an order online like I did. If the XL is under warranty, everything should be free.

They said something along the lines of 'scratches don't count under the defect' or something.
#14Nickcool1996Posted 4/29/2013 7:45:49 PM
Vinceisg0dd posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...
Vinceisg0dd posted...
flipzas posted...

What the hell?

They said something along the lines of 'scratches don't count under the defect' or something.

Oh.

That's very irresponsible of them. Scratches lower worth...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#15Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:48:07 PM
Cannot believe my only option after purchasing a defective $200 product is to pay them $150 more to have a chance at fixing it, which they said will most likely result in them having to send me back a regular 3DSXL instead.

I've always been a PS fanboy, this is my first real Nintendo experience I've had. I've always heard such good things about them.

Sigh.
#16PuddingchanPosted 4/29/2013 7:48:13 PM
I'd assume this is the bottom screen right?
If you can attempt to DIY and fix it yourself, you can try to buy this:
http://dx.com/p/replacement-touch-screen-module-for-nintendo-3dsll-3dsxl-transparent-191568

That way you get a new screen without scratches. Only thing is that I don't know how to DIY fix a 3DS XL so don't ask me... Do this at your own risk.
#17PuddingchanPosted 4/29/2013 7:50:26 PM
DIY fix guide: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+Nintendo+3DS+Touchscreen/6015/1

Like I said, do this at your own risk.
#18Limen123Posted 4/29/2013 7:50:53 PM
It should count if you told them it occurred during the shipping and handling to the store you bought it from.
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png
#19Vinceisg0dd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:52:53 PM
Limen123 posted...
It should count if you told them it occurred during the shipping and handling to the store you bought it from.

I'm going to call and complain again since this is BS, but I told them that already. They told me 'We are 100% sure that our products are absolutely perfect before they leave. This is not our problem any more, it is the place you bought it from (Chapters).'
#20UFOLochePosted 4/29/2013 7:55:00 PM(edited)
Vinceisg0dd posted...
Cannot believe my only option after purchasing a defective $200 product is to pay them $150 more to have a chance at fixing it, which they said will most likely result in them having to send me back a regular 3DSXL instead.

I've always been a PS fanboy, this is my first real Nintendo experience I've had. I've always heard such good things about them.

Sigh.

Trust me, I've had a terrible experience with Nintendo's "warranty" myself. They refused to fix my DSLite because they just randomly changed the warranty to not include my specific problem. Then they basically claimed the only reason it happened was because I had beat my system. A few months later, I got it checked out by a guy on a whim and he fixed it in an hour, easy. It was something about really weak soldering or something like that, I can't remember since it happened a long while back.

What I would do is I would call them up again, explain the problem, and if they refuse to do anything, ask to see their supervisor. Just keep going up the ladder if you can.

Vinceisg0dd posted...
Limen123 posted...

I'm going to call and complain again since this is BS, but I told them that already. They told me 'We are 100% sure that our products are absolutely perfect before they leave. This is not our problem any more, it is the place you bought it from (Chapters).'

Actually, hey, have you contacted Chapters? I don't know what the heck Chapters is, but they might be able to replace the screen or something.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!