Received my 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro

#1HappygogoPosted 4/29/2013 6:13:22 PM
I ordered the CPP XL off the nintendo site. I received it today and in the shipping box was the CPP XL in a bag with an instruction manual. There is no retail packaging inside the box which is no big deal since I would toss it anyway.

The manual says the CPP is supposed to ship with a AA battery.

LIES.

There is no battery.

I know the regular CPP comes with a battery to get you going from the start.

Thanks Nintendo, for cheaping out on including a battery.
#2elbarto1Posted 4/29/2013 6:16:34 PM
Gotta get out of the red. Giving away free batteries is why they're running at a loss financially.
Lol.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#3warlord78Posted 4/29/2013 6:39:39 PM(edited)
Sounds like the battery thing was a last minute decision. They also probably didn't think anyone would read instructions on how to put the XL in the CPP.

Edit: Btw, the battery you need is a AAA not a AA.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#4PuddingchanPosted 4/29/2013 6:43:50 PM
Write them a message? I don't think they mean to cheat you of a battery, especially since manual said it should come with a battery.
I think either the battery is inside the CPP itself or it could have dropped out of the mail.

On the plus side, if it isn't with a battery, there's no chance the battery will corrode.
#5Happygogo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:11:01 AM
I checked the battery compartment to see if it was already installed, but it is not.
#6DinglesteedPosted 4/30/2013 6:14:41 AM(edited)
elbarto1 posted...
Gotta get out of the red. Giving away free batteries is why they're running at a loss financially.
Lol.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/191107/Nintendo_Announces_Fiscal_2013_Financial_Results.php

"Nintendo today reported financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013. After reporting a net loss in its previous fiscal year, Nintendo was able to return to profitability in both Net and Ordinary Income for the full year, although Operating Income remained negative."

Edit: Net income is the important one, btw.
---
Playing: MH3U, Phoenix Wright Series, NSMBU, NHL 13, Jade Empire, Luigi's Mansion