is these normal for the cartridge?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is these normal for the cartridge?
3 years ago#1
I just bought a preowned game of RE:R & tales of the abyss. both game works fine but im hearing rattle noise when im shaking(not intended to) the cartridge. Do your catridges rattles whenever you shake them?. Is this *noise* normal?
3 years ago#2
Its nothing.
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
3 years ago#3
Tzuba12 posted...
Its nothing.

when i accidentaly shake the cartridge i feel something is being move inside o_O but the game runs perfect though. I hope this is normal for a cartride and won't corrupt the save data.
3 years ago#4
The fact that it works means the piece rattling around is not important. It is most likely a small piece of plastic from the outer casing of the cartridge that snapped off during manufacturing, or just something that fell in.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
3 years ago#5
Don't worry about it. My New Super Mario Bros from 2006 does it and it still works fine.
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
3 years ago#6
This has been a thing since pokemon red/blue. The board inside is actually lose most times, and I think the contacts are connected via a ribbon, though I have never seen the inside of a 3ds game, I know its not 1 piece, it can't be.

Edit: IT IS ONE!
http://i55.tinypic.com/29c1is2.jpg

No idea why it can rattle but it isn't broken, a bunch of mine can do it.
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
3 years ago#7
None of my 20 3DS games rattle when I shake them

BUT I do know that once I dropped a DS cartridge and afterwards it worked fine but it rattle when i shook it.

So your cartridges were probably dropped.
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
3 years ago#8
^I tried to shake some of my 3ds/ds cartridge and i also heard some noise from them.that's weird. my cartridges were really taken care of/never drop even once o_0
3 years ago#9
policemenman posted...
^I tried to shake some of my 3ds/ds cartridge and i also heard some noise from them.that's weird. my cartridges were really taken care of/never drop even once o_0

All it takes is for the case to fall off from the shelf in the store before you bought it.
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
3 years ago#10
I think its normal. my 3ds/ds cartridges(preowned & new) have these rattling noise and they work fine.
REplaying = RE6(360), MGR(360), P4G(PSV), MGSHD(PSV), RE:R(3DS)
NEXT target = RE:R(360), Castlevania: LoS2(360), MH4(3DS), KZ:M(PSV)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is these normal for the cartridge?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived