Did Nintendo confirm that purchases would be tied to accounts?

#1darkus_fPosted 4/30/2013 4:01:16 PM
Eventually?

Retail copies of Fire Emblem are freakin rare and here in South Africa it's not any different, so I was thinking about just sucking it up and buying the digital version... But I'm wondering if it's a good idea.
If something happens to my system then it's good bye Fire Emblem. :/
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Mark
#2UFOLochePosted 4/30/2013 4:09:54 PM
Well, you can contact Nintendo and prove a bunch of crap and then they might let you keep your titles on your new 3DS.

Honestly, I'd just order it online if you could.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#3WithYouForYouPosted 4/30/2013 9:48:49 PM
darkus_f posted...
Eventually?

Retail copies of Fire Emblem are freakin rare and here in South Africa it's not any different, so I was thinking about just sucking it up and buying the digital version... But I'm wondering if it's a good idea.

I just spent $300 on the e-shop...but I'm confident I won't lose my system. That, and somebody will have a .50 round in their face before they can steal it.
#4noutBrPosted 5/1/2013 2:07:46 AM
I think Nintendo would lose a ton of loyal customers the second they deny them the games that they bought. My CN account is proof enough of my eShop purchases so I don't think it will be that much of a problem.

However, I hope that Nintendo will eventually roll out a universal account system and completely revamp their digital purchases system.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#5thetoughkidPosted 5/1/2013 2:29:26 AM
WithYouForYou posted...
darkus_f posted...
Eventually?

I just spent $300 on the e-shop...but I'm confident I won't lose my system. That, and somebody will have a .50 round in their face before they can steal it.

Lol....good for you gangsta ^_^
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476
PSN: Dupichos
#6wisemiddsPosted 5/1/2013 2:38:43 AM
noutBr posted...
I think Nintendo would lose a ton of loyal customers the second they deny them the games that they bought. My CN account is proof enough of my eShop purchases so I don't think it will be that much of a problem.

However, I hope that Nintendo will eventually roll out a universal account system and completely revamp their digital purchases system.

Lol, don't hold your breath! Nintendo are so out of touch it'll probably be here in 5 years time- if at all, and then they will probably charge to transfer over to an account system!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#7noutBrPosted 5/1/2013 2:55:41 AM
wisemidds posted...
Lol, don't hold your breath! Nintendo are so out of touch it'll probably be here in 5 years time- if at all, and then they will probably charge to transfer over to an account system!

Sad but true unfortunately.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#890sRetroGamingPosted 5/1/2013 4:55:37 AM
WithYouForYou posted...
darkus_f posted...
Eventually?

lol
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#990sRetroGamingPosted 5/1/2013 4:59:53 AM
noutBr posted...

I don't think they really care if they do.. because if they did our accounts would have been up by now.. actually, when the eShop officially launched back in 2011. they're an extremely stubborn company. absolutly ridiculous...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#10KaiRyusakiPosted 5/1/2013 6:14:05 AM
I believe they use Club Nintendo to keep track of what you bought.

So it's their. They know what you bought. they just wont let you redownload it on a different device, probably dont know a good way of letting you do that without exploiting it.