Do you have any gaming "Rules"?

#1nayr626Posted 4/30/2013 7:19:41 PM
Like things you do with games or in game that aren't necessary but you do them anyways.

If I buy a new game I always try to finish up the previous game I bought. I have Luigis Mansion, but I'm trying to finish up KH3D before I do so.

My cousin uses no items when playing RPGs.

How about you?
---
Tedious weeds that the media breeds, but the animal gets what the animal needs
PSN: Arnnaria
#2nintendoggerPosted 4/30/2013 7:24:11 PM
I have SO many house rules in SSBBrawl.

No final smashes. no bomb boxes (a few other items are turned off), 4 life survival mode, some places are banned too. I also messed with the song probability in most of stages as well.

We also play a game in NSMBW called "dead weight" where you carry around a player that doesn't actually exist and try to get him to have the most points at the end of the level.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning, Lego City: Undercover and The Legend of the River King.
#3randomshemsPosted 4/30/2013 7:31:21 PM
for RPg's I must beat them in 7 days or less(if I buy them) If you can choose a path make it the dark one.
---
Lets tear through nature together So we may see the face of god.
#4Carbuncle009Posted 4/30/2013 7:33:55 PM
I always go for the Hard difficulty.
Whenever I replay an Action RPG, I try to win with No Damage (instakilling myself if I fail)
I go solo in some RPGs with Party Members

I actually have finished KH3D at Level 1 on Critical Mode. Got the post game left, though.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#5MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 7:41:32 PM(edited)
Paper Mario TTYD: Always upgrade BP each and every level.

Luigi's Mansion: Get every Boo before beating the game (for the 20th+ time.)

...That's all I can think of.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#6NejiHyuga900Posted 4/30/2013 7:44:32 PM(edited)
My younger cousin has a rule on me when I am using his Xbox 360 and that is: When I am done playing a game on his Xbox 360, he tells me to put my game away and put in the latest Call of Duty game he wants to play, which is really stupid (that's pretty much all he plays; he doesn't play anything else), and I have ownership of the that latest CoD game, Black Ops II. And if I don't follow his rule, he will say that I will not be allowed to go on his Xbox and if he ever does that, I will take my Black Ops II away from him (that he only plays) until I am allowed back on, so I basically have a counter-rule on him but I never told him that, yet.

As for gaming rules for me in terms of gameplay, I would usually play between 15 minutes and 1 hour per session (since I don't game as much as I use to). If I am playing a main Pokémon games, I whenever one of my Pokémon is getting closer to level up (or will level up shortly), I train in the wild before progressing through the game.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#7poopfeasts420Posted 4/30/2013 7:54:39 PM
For my first playthrough of any game: play however you like. Use cheap items, play on easy, don't limit yourself, and just have fun.

Then subsequent playthroughs will be more serious like don't upgrade this skill or never get this item.
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#8GhetsisPosted 4/30/2013 7:57:53 PM
To never miss any missables in an RPG.

Which leads to me giving up on half of the Final Fantasy games, despite loving them.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9Xenesis XenonPosted 4/30/2013 8:04:24 PM
My rules are fairly simple:

1) Don't play fighting games
2) Don't play games with frustrating controls
3) Don't play always online only games
4) Import games if it saves me more than 10%

There's a huge amount of overlap between 1 & 2.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#10WizardofHothPosted 4/30/2013 8:05:29 PM
yeah i still have a habit of my gaming rules/rituals

RPG games for the first time - level grind up to level 10 to beat the first boss, get enough healing items. Even grind for money to buy a stronger beginning weapon even if it takes you hours fighting random enemies etc.

sports games with unlockables play bits heres and there to unlock extra costumes in season mode and browse through character creation. Example the WWF Smackdown games