Do people here have issues with moemoe RPGs?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/30/2013 10:50:29 PM
To clarify, I mean those that adhere to moe or kawaii aesthetics. I oft see topics on the PS3 board complaining about JRPGs being too "moe" or "loli" these days....even though it's clear most of them don't know what the terms mean.

You should probably notice that Pokemon and even Fire Emblem have been increasingly adopting a similar pattern in their art designs (and sometimes characterization), and I've even seen people accuse even Etrian Odyssey of being "loli." So I'm wondering how fans on the main RPG console view this compared to PS3 board.
#2Hardley_SmithPosted 4/30/2013 10:52:15 PM
everything has moe so no
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#3BigReedPosted 4/30/2013 10:53:10 PM
I don't really care personally.

People complaining about EO were doing so because young looking characters were dressed in skimpy clothing.

Leading up to the release of the game however, I never noticed anything "sexual" about the game at all. Still don't. Which just makes the people complaining about it kind of creepy.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#4RoksuPosted 4/30/2013 11:07:10 PM
Plenty of Vita game from Japan is this.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
#5ScutchingtonPosted 4/30/2013 11:14:03 PM
2kawaii4them

Seriously though, I think its more of a personal preference thing that's just either being misinterpreted as "I hate moe/everything moe sucks" or its just them stating that they don't like moe but in a more... "colorful" way.

The loli thing I can kinda see but in the actual game there's nothing sexual. So again it just comes down to preference of the art style.
---
Ritsu Tainaka is mai waifu. http://i.imgur.com/RlJoohn.jpg http://i.imgur.com/JWBenYl.jpg
I need more milk for my Khorne Flakes! | Game Center CX! Kacho On!
#6BuretsuPosted 4/30/2013 11:16:05 PM
A game should not be defined by how cute the girls in it are.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:16:48 PM
BigReed posted...
I don't really care personally.

People complaining about EO were doing so because young looking characters were dressed in skimpy clothing.

Leading up to the release of the game however, I never noticed anything "sexual" about the game at all. Still don't. Which just makes the people complaining about it kind of creepy.

I really don't understand why they interpret "loli" characters as sex object....and then complain about them being "sexualized." It gets incredibly stupid when this is directed at characters with mature, womanly curves.
#8hyper kobun dashPosted 4/30/2013 11:18:21 PM
Hell no.

I liked Ar Tonelico 2 for goodness sakes.

Jacqli :3
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#9OoSubaruoOPosted 4/30/2013 11:19:58 PM
Kawaii desu ne?
#10Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 2:33:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]