Do people here have issues with moemoe RPGs?

#51PHEEliNUXPosted 5/3/2013 12:15:04 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
@Linux dude:

If you're still even reading the thread, lol
You asked me what I didn't like about what I saw of the Hyperdimension games (all opinion from here on out). It was the really cheesy voice acting and just how the characters acted. I can't get into games like that. And from what I was able to gleam, they're like idols, right? Which, is no big deal, until I hit the cutscenes of them dancing and singing in Japanese WITH NO SUBTITLES. But that's getting away from the "moe" part. They just seemed bland as if each one was assigned to a certain emotion/characteristic to strictly adhere by. The aloof one, the goofy ass teacher, the one that's tsundere for the MC, etc;

The battles looked hella sweet, but I don't think I could get over the rest of it. Sorry, mate.

I didn't like the English voice acting either, They aren't bad, But just nowhere near as good as Japanese IMO, I guess the characters just didn't click for you
And the dancing thing, It is just one, And i assume you watched LP of Victory? And the MC isn't the Tsundere, She is the childish one with short hair, But anyway

And you don't need to apologize, I just wanted to see someone who isn't dumb opinion on it, Most of the people in PS3 boards would just say "It is a lolimoe game so it must suck", And they don't even know what loli and moe mean
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#52AkaneJonesPosted 5/3/2013 3:15:55 AM
Koko_138 posted...
so 'Moe' is like the pre-teen if 'Chibi' was the kid, right?

I like that style a lot and I'm not into anime culture.

I prefer stuff like FF: Warriors of Light to something like Tales of the Abyss with the edgy, androgynous male protagonist.

No, those are just chibi-character Moe is like if Tales of Abyss's cast was helmed by Anis and Arietta and the other members where all girls like that. Well you can leave Ion, half the people thought he was girl in the first place. So if he's presented that way he'd just be the moe trap character. Well actually you probably need to replace Van with a busty older woman who laughs indiscriminately at you, while mocking your child like atriibutes.

Oh actually Asch could stay as Asch the game need some older guy to fawn over, when not projecting female bonding that could be mistaken for yuri. So female Luke is all tsudere of Asch, and Jade is over there wonder why Guy & Arietta has swapped positions.

Jade: I take no qualms with being recast as a woman, but why do I have to put up with the like of these childish imp..
Dist: Because it's fun, and surprisingly sightless creepy when we are instead both girls.
Jade: Oh dear, *face palm* Well, someones going to have to pay for this. *pulls out whip*
(mostly because Jade can't be any less awesome even if cast as a girl)
#53Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 7:04:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54imlpzPosted 5/3/2013 3:45:38 PM
This topic actually made me remember this Skullgirls video that made me laugh once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAAiofdizMU
---
Major Gundam fan right here!!!
#55GigantLuffyPosted 5/3/2013 4:10:10 PM
If the story and gameplay is good, I wouldn't care about how moe it is.
---
http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=928 - Eat a sack of **** IGN | UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#56Second_ChancesPosted 5/3/2013 4:11:01 PM
Depends on how forced the "moe" crap is and if there's any actual substance below it or not.
#57Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 6:35:34 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
And you don't need to apologize, I just wanted to see someone who isn't dumb opinion on it, Most of the people in PS3 boards would just say "It is a lolimoe game so it must suck", And they don't even know what loli and moe mean

You'd think they'd be happy companies like Compile Heart were still making games for the PS3 at all and not jumping ship portable consoles.
#58PsychoWolfXPosted 5/6/2013 6:49:45 PM
Please keep the loli wars on the PS3 board >.< that **** needs to stay contained at all costs.

I play games that I find fun and if they happen to be saturated with loli's well, that's just fine with me.