3DS vs XL

#11alancal90Posted 5/1/2013 10:08:53 AM
Shall I present a picture of my legs because neither do I. I don't think your sexual orientation is relevant either. I'm a bit confused why you're so defensive about 3DS version preference. You must be very passionate about your 3DS.
#12Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/1/2013 10:16:46 AM
The 3DS XL has much worse colors, and the picture looks noticeably worse. You think they can just make the screen 90% bigger without sacrificing quality? I haven't compared the sound, but if it's quieter than the original 3DS, that's terrible.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#13KaitaNuvaPosted 5/1/2013 10:18:22 AM
I have no idea why people complain about XL sound. It's plenty loud for me to hear anything in a quiet setting. I don't need it to be a boombox like you guys claim your original 3DS to be.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#14DinglesteedPosted 5/1/2013 10:30:05 AM
WithYouForYou posted...
alancal90 posted...
Arkard posted...
I have no idea why anyone would even want to buy the one with smaller screens when XL is available.

I see where you're coming from but I got a regular 3DS because it fits in my pocket. My brother has an XL and I thought it was too big when I gave it a test run. The big screens are great, but portability is important to some people too. I might get a XL for home use in the future if I come across a deal.

I can fit 4 XLs into any of my pockets. I don't wear skinny jeans though. (Because I don't like boys)

I wear breakaway track pants with no pockets. I just tuck my system down me underwear and hope for the best.
---
Playing: MH3U, Phoenix Wright Series, NSMBU, NHL 13, Jade Empire, Luigi's Mansion
#15hyper kobun dashPosted 5/1/2013 10:38:43 AM
Pro: gamefaqs has a search function

Con: a lot of people don't use it :(
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#16AboveAllFearPosted 5/1/2013 10:59:02 AM
WithYouForYou posted...

I can fit 4 XLs into any of my pockets. I don't wear skinny jeans though. (Because I don't like boys)

Way to sound ignorant.

I don't wear skinny jeans, and I can't even fit a regular 3DS in the pockets.
#17Excess-FatPosted 5/1/2013 11:16:52 AM
jedinat posted...
Pros: this question gets asked practically every day so there's dozens of threads to peruse to your heart's content, not to mention the hundreds of other comparisons/discussions spanning the internet on the subject

Cons: you may have brain damage

Pos: you can skip this topic, but I guess trolls don't skip.

Cons: You failed to answer the question and thus have uber brain damage.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#18Excess-FatPosted 5/1/2013 11:21:00 AM
Aura_Sphere posted...
Good God, just search through the damn board for comparison topics. There are dozens upon dozens of these on GameFAQs alone. You seriously cannot be this lazy.

Knowing that this topic will pop up again and again, from now until infinity from new/unkowledgeable/young users, why would you waste your precious little time on one when it will solve absolutely "nothing". Brain damage much?
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, MegaMan ZX, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.
#19temgunPosted 5/1/2013 11:25:21 AM
hyper kobun dash posted...
Pro: gamefaqs has a search function

Con: a lot of people don't use it :(

This really. No offence, but this topic is made at least twice a day.

XL is really better in every way. The bigger screens are just that much better, it looks better, it fits your hands better, it has better buttons and most importantly, the battery life is better. The speakers are crap though, but all things considered, XL still takes the cake.
#20Jacob46719Posted 5/1/2013 11:53:53 AM
druskie posted...
pros:
longer battery life
bigger screens

cons:
the speakers are much to quiet
it's a bit bulky and heavy
some games look streched out and weird

It's about as portable as a phone book -________________-
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2