lmao entitled gamer

He's hardly acting entitled >_>
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#12CAPSARPosted 5/1/2013 10:08:08 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
that bought the Wii version already.

The only reason I would consider buying this is for the extra world thats included and even then how would one world be worth the purchase if I bought and played 100% the Wii version (I got shiny medals on all the levels.) Not even a new control scheme makes it worth it.

And how do you expect them to be able to tell who has a copy and who doesn't? Not everyone uses CN so that's not an accurate way to tell. Also what about those who bought them used someitmes those codes don't work or are missing.
#13Sir_HaxorPosted 5/1/2013 10:14:48 AM
CAPSAR posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...
that bought the Wii version already.

The only reason I would consider buying this is for the extra world thats included and even then how would one world be worth the purchase if I bought and played 100% the Wii version (I got shiny medals on all the levels.) Not even a new control scheme makes it worth it.

And how do you expect them to be able to tell who has a copy and who doesn't? Not everyone uses CN so that's not an accurate way to tell. Also what about those who bought them used someitmes those codes don't work or are missing.

Obviously if you don't want to use CN then you won't get the discount. It's quite simple.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#14keyblader1985Posted 5/1/2013 10:20:07 AM
Yeah, like they did with the Super Mario Advance games. And Super Mario All-Stars. And Super Mario 64 DS. And Ocarina of Time 3D. And Star Fox.

Oh wait.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#15MotiJrPosted 5/1/2013 10:22:33 AM
Ummm you do realise that you don't have to buy it right? Autonomy is a wonderful thing. This is more for people like me who never bought the game previously.
#16AceMosPosted 5/1/2013 10:23:04 AM
what abotu 3rd party devs they releaase a new version to and dont give those ata discount heck NO ONE IN ANY INDUSTR DOES THIS
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#17noutBrPosted 5/1/2013 10:27:05 AM
keyblader1985 posted...
Yeah, like they did with the Super Mario Advance games. And Super Mario All-Stars. And Super Mario 64 DS. And Ocarina of Time 3D. And Star Fox.

Oh wait.

Back then there was no Club Nintendo and the internet was in its infancy, there was basically no realistic way of knowing who purchased what.

Now with CN you can register purchases to your personal account, by doing this Nintendo knows that YOU own that particular game. It would be consumer friendly AND smart business to give buyers of a certain game a discount on a port/remake of that game. It's basically win-win because you keep your customers happy AND you potentially increase sales for your new game (port/remake).

There's no entitlement involved here, it's just a different approach in marketing that could easily have increased sales. I'm only getting DKC:R for 3DS because I can get it for free because of a NOE promotion, I already own the Wii version so I wasn't going to pay for it again.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#18confettistormPosted 5/1/2013 10:32:19 AM
noutBr posted...
whitaker6490 posted...
No, they shouldn't.

From a business perspective it would actually make sense.

You see, I'd wager that the majority of the people who already own the Wii version would probably skip the 3DS game and such a discount could potentially persuade them to buy the 3DS version too.

Unfortunately Nintendo is not exactly consumer friendly and their marketing leaves a lot to be desired.

Learn how to differentiate between the "business perspective" and what would most benefit you.

Would be nice to know things like price elasticity before you talk.
And why would I buy the same game twice, even if it's at a lower price...
Your persuade people to buy the same game twice by putting in new features/modes/gameplay elements/ levels...
#19esehomie14Posted 5/1/2013 10:48:15 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
How soon could I get it for $20, new or used?

Nintendo never lowers their damn games' prices so don't expect new and $20 in your lifetime. Only if the stores are having good deals you might actually get it a few bucks cheaper.
#20ADHDguitarPosted 5/1/2013 10:59:09 AM
Psssssh, no.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2