3DS XL Capture Card question

#1SantaeidPosted 5/1/2013 4:58:24 PM
I have heard that their is a 3DS xl capture card that costs about $225. My question is that does anyone know if it records in 3D and/or it records while I play in 3D and the video is in 2D?

I want to record videos and have a decentish camera but I am sure it is impossible for me to play with 3D on (its the main feature of the system so I play with it on all the time) and that the 3D would mess up the recording quality.
---
Intel Core i7 3770, 120 GB Mushikin SSD, 1 TB WD HDD, Nvidia GTX 680, Dual Monitor, CM Storm Trooper Case, Asus P8Z77 Mobo
#2GhetsisPosted 5/1/2013 5:27:04 PM
The guy that makes the 3DS Capture Card doesn't do XLs. I don't think anyone does.

Also, it can't record 3D at all, so don't bother turning it on.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3ssjlinkxPosted 5/1/2013 5:47:10 PM
Loopy only makes capture boards for the original 3DS: 3dscapture.com/

Katsukity (http://katsukity.blog123.fc2.com/) makes boards for all DS and 3DS models (and just recently the Vita): http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product-list/4

Both record about the same and I've read Loopy's board will work with an XL but I don't feel like looking into it right now.
---
3DS FC: 2234-7659-6680
Don't feel like playing your games? Watch me play instead! http://www.youtube.com/user/jargus0
#4Santaeid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:16:07 PM
Ghetsis posted...
The guy that makes the 3DS Capture Card doesn't do XLs. I don't think anyone does.

I know there is one that records for XL but I am wondering if I turn 3D on does that mean the video will be messed up? Just curious.
---
Intel Core i7 3770, 120 GB Mushikin SSD, 1 TB WD HDD, Nvidia GTX 680, Dual Monitor, CM Storm Trooper Case, Asus P8Z77 Mobo
#5Crimson10BladesPosted 5/1/2013 8:25:08 PM
Santaeid posted...
Ghetsis posted...

I know there is one that records for XL but I am wondering if I turn 3D on does that mean the video will be messed up? Just curious.

There is not one for the Xl. The 3D will just slightly shift the view.
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#6Tzuba12Posted 5/1/2013 9:23:08 PM
Crimson10Blades posted...
Santaeid posted...
Ghetsis posted...

Yes there is. And no, TC. Turning on 3D will not affect the video.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#7Santaeid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:18:17 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
Crimson10Blades posted...
Santaeid posted...
Ghetsis posted...

Yes there is. And no, TC. Turning on 3D will not affect the video.

Cool. I was hoping to get one soon but wanted to know beforehand. Recording for the vita with a camera is easier since there is no 3D but it would suck playing on the console and not getting to use the main feature of the console.

At this point i am mainly afraid of it breaking since the capture card is more than the device.
---