Animal Crossing New Leaf Online Features : Explain Them

#1jim200Posted 5/1/2013 6:28:54 PM
I'm on the fence on whether I should buy this game and the deciding factor is how the online is.

How far does it go? Can we for instance share friend codes here and go to each others town like that? Or is it only for people you physically go near? And everything else.

Thanks if you actually give good info.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2esoteric42Posted 5/1/2013 6:32:06 PM
You don't need to interact with someone physically to go to their town, just exchange friend codes.

I live in Texas and visited the town of someone who lives in California.

We exchanged friend codes on the Animal Crossing board of GameFAQs.

Hope that qualifies as good info.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#3jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:48:58 PM
esoteric42 posted...
You don't need to interact with someone physically to go to their town, just exchange friend codes.

I live in Texas and visited the town of someone who lives in California.

We exchanged friend codes on the Animal Crossing board of GameFAQs.

Hope that qualifies as good info.

Yes that does, and thank you!

So are you yourself getting New Leaf? Could you message me your FC and remind me about it once it comes out so we can visit each other's towns?

I had to say that because I posted a question a day or two ago about which version of RE: Revelations to get, and nearly everyone posted a different system including ones it's not even on. And I said thanks in the OP. Lol.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#4sauruschamp1Posted 5/1/2013 8:38:02 PM
The online only requires you to trade FC which is kind of handy as usually to upgrade to the biggest shop (Nookingtons I think its called) you need someone from outside your town to buy something from it. Also I think they mentioned that using "dreams" you can visit a persons town without them being on it and you can mess about on it but the changes you make are not saved to their game to avoid greefing,
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian Steam GT: Zarosio
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#5Tzuba12Posted 5/1/2013 8:41:52 PM
1.Friend codes to play with friends

2.Dream world to go to a random person's town, and look around, take fruit, etc. Everything you do in the dream world won't affect that person's town, but you can still take stuff home with you, like fish, fruit, things you bought, etc
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#6esoteric42Posted 5/2/2013 9:09:15 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
1.Friend codes to play with friends

2.Dream world to go to a random person's town, and look around, take fruit, etc. Everything you do in the dream world won't affect that person's town, but you can still take stuff home with you, like fish, fruit, things you bought, etc

You can only take patterns with you from the dream world. You can't take fruit or items back with you from the dream world.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)