We need more 'arcade' games for 3DS

#21jedinatPosted 5/3/2013 2:15:27 AM
UFOLoche posted...
jedinat posted...
UFOLoche posted...
jedinat posted...
There's plenty of arcade-like games available for your tablet/smart phone. We don't need them on our dedicated gaming consoles.

Except they're already on your "dedicated gaming console"

And it's completely dedicated, except for, y'know, the camera, the music channel that's built right in, Netflix(Hell, everything on the Nintendo E-Shop that's not gaming related), the Mii Plaza...

Oh wait, it seems more to me like it's not dedicated at all and that, in fact, the last time there was truly a "dedicated gaming console"(Hate saying that phrase cause I laugh every time) was the GCN and the NDS.

I think the distinction is easy to understand; nitpicking in this tedious way is meaningless. The 3DS's primary function is gaming.

Son, I live to nitpick. But, honestly, people throw around the term "dedicated gaming console" like it actually means something, and it really doesn't, it's like blast processing.

Now, yes, I will admit there's a difference between the a tablet or smartphone and a 3DS, however, to automatically dismiss a tablet's games because they're on a tablet is simply childish since, in reality, there are many games on Ios and Android platforms that are pretty damn good, like Song Summoner, would you really say no to a revamped version of that game on the 3DS with longer gameplay and maybe even some kinda wireless feature that lets you share characters?

But even THAT is meaningless, cause the TC isn't even TALKING of those games! He's talking of Fez, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Bastion, Trine, Cave Story, Bit Trip Runner, and so many more! At least, it seems like he is. To reject those games is silly, because all of them are great games which generally offer a unique experience, be it in gameplay, story telling, music, whatever!

I think you misconstrued me a bit. I wasn't bagging on mobile games, heck I'm typing on an android tablet with my iPhone on the end table next to me... I play games on both all the time. My point was merely that "arcade" gaming is alive and well on mobile platforms, and works better on those platforms (quick pick up and play vs sitting down "to game"}...
#22UFOLochePosted 5/3/2013 2:18:58 AM
jedinat posted...
UFOLoche posted...
jedinat posted...
UFOLoche posted...
jedinat posted...
There's plenty of arcade-like games available for your tablet/smart phone. We don't need them on our dedicated gaming consoles.

Except they're already on your "dedicated gaming console"

And it's completely dedicated, except for, y'know, the camera, the music channel that's built right in, Netflix(Hell, everything on the Nintendo E-Shop that's not gaming related), the Mii Plaza...

Oh wait, it seems more to me like it's not dedicated at all and that, in fact, the last time there was truly a "dedicated gaming console"(Hate saying that phrase cause I laugh every time) was the GCN and the NDS.

I think the distinction is easy to understand; nitpicking in this tedious way is meaningless. The 3DS's primary function is gaming.

Son, I live to nitpick. But, honestly, people throw around the term "dedicated gaming console" like it actually means something, and it really doesn't, it's like blast processing.

Now, yes, I will admit there's a difference between the a tablet or smartphone and a 3DS, however, to automatically dismiss a tablet's games because they're on a tablet is simply childish since, in reality, there are many games on Ios and Android platforms that are pretty damn good, like Song Summoner, would you really say no to a revamped version of that game on the 3DS with longer gameplay and maybe even some kinda wireless feature that lets you share characters?

But even THAT is meaningless, cause the TC isn't even TALKING of those games! He's talking of Fez, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Bastion, Trine, Cave Story, Bit Trip Runner, and so many more! At least, it seems like he is. To reject those games is silly, because all of them are great games which generally offer a unique experience, be it in gameplay, story telling, music, whatever!

I think you misconstrued me a bit. I wasn't bagging on mobile games, heck I'm typing on an android tablet with my iPhone on the end table next to me... I play games on both all the time. My point was merely that "arcade" gaming is alive and well on mobile platforms, and works better on those platforms (quick pick up and play vs sitting down "to game"}...

Ok, fair enough, I may have misconstrued. But, what I'm saying is that there's nothing wrong with bringing over these titles to the 3DS through the eshop, along with that, handhelds were primarily created for quick pick up and plays(Which boggles my mind when I see RPGs that don't let you save at certain points on a handheld..like Final Fantasy III on the DS and how it didn't let you save in dungeons).
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!