can anyone confirm if gamestop still guarantees cases for used games online?

#1x_stevey_xPosted 5/2/2013 7:11:31 PM
i know a few years ago they guaranteed any used games purchased online were guaranteed to come with a case and manual.. but is it still true? i have 30 bucks left in trade credit and wanted to pick up a game online that's not at my local store.. but only if it comes with the case.
#2LyonDRCPosted 5/2/2013 7:16:45 PM
I don't know about online purchases, but if you go to the store it'll depend on the game. With some they have the original box while with others they don't, I guess it'll be the same for online purchases.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#3TVthePunisherPosted 5/2/2013 7:18:51 PM
I wouldn't trust it entirely. Chances are they'd ship it in a case, yes but it will be a "Gamestop Case". Basically, like one of my copies of RE5, it MAY show the front cover of the actual game but the backcover will be a generic text summary of what the game's about and probably be some bland white or something.

If they don't do that, it will be even more generic and just have the name of the game in black text on the front of an ugly coverart.

However...they MAY send you the actual case with the game but it's sort of a gamble. To be honest you'd have better luck shopping Ebay or something, but since you have credit with the store eh...your money, you use it how you please.

Two things though:

A.) Check all of your local stores. Go to Gamestop.com to confirm all stores within your area's zipcode, just in case you aren't aware of one (there was a third Gamestop about 6 miles from me that I didn't even know existed until I searched for local stores).

B.) If you're willing to drive a bit, try the next town over. But all that way just for a game at Gamestop...eh, I'd wager also looking up additional used game stores like most Mom and Pop outlets. It's a generic term, basically they're stores tailored to electronics old and new.

Longwinded post is over.
---
The Internet Warrior - a sweaty, fat nerd with an aggressive agenda of angrily *****ing about anything and everything on message boards.
#4x_stevey_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:23:12 PM
thanks. i know they gave "gamestop" cases in stores sometimes and it's a bit of a gamble.

BUT there was actually a guarantee that you would get the OFFICIAL case if you ordered online. i think this was announced around 2008 or something. i was just curious if this guarantee was still in effect because googling hasn't really come up with any results.
#5glassghost0Posted 5/2/2013 7:24:18 PM
Yeah that's definitely not the case. Completely random whether or not you get the real case or a generic case ordering online
---
No Thanks
#6x_stevey_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:26:51 PM(edited)
glassghost0 posted...
Yeah that's definitely not the case. Completely random whether or not you get the real case or a generic case ordering online

thanks sir.

here's a quote of what i was talking about though "GameStop guarantees cover-art, instruction book for all pre-owned games purchased online
Oct. 7, 2009"

thanks for the fast replies!
#7TVthePunisherPosted 5/2/2013 7:33:58 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
glassghost0 posted...

thanks sir.

here's a quote of what i was talking about though "GameStop guarantees cover-art, instruction book for all pre-owned games purchased online
Oct. 7, 2009"

thanks for the fast replies!

No problem, though based on that description I'd say more than likely they're guaranteeing that even if you don't get the ACTUAL case (like you'd see in stores with full frontcover, spine and backcover) you'll at least get a case with the game's front cover printed onto a piece of paper with info on the back.

As for the instruction book...eh...if they GUARANTEE it, 9 times out of 10 it's likely coming with the actual game case (unless the case was in a condition not fit for resale). Not many people bring in their DS/3DS games with an instruction booklet and no case...
---
The Internet Warrior - a sweaty, fat nerd with an aggressive agenda of angrily *****ing about anything and everything on message boards.
#8x_stevey_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:35:57 PM(edited)
^ the thing is the most recent thing i can find about that "guarantee" is from 2009 :( .. so i'd like to see if someone can confirm one way or another if it's still in effect. i.e. if someone has ordered a used game from gamestop recently and not gotten the case
#9Anubis-RebornPosted 5/2/2013 7:46:54 PM
Far as i know it's no longer something to Guarantee. I've seen a few come without cases, i bought a Fallout 3 once online during a sale in 2011 and it was the Gamestop Case.
---
Return That Life To God
#10x_stevey_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:48:02 PM
boo :( .. ok thanks again !