So I just got a 3DS, what should my first game be?

#1LazeoPosted 5/2/2013 11:51:51 PM
I went to trade in the DSi XL I bought preowned online a few weeks ago for a different colour, and ended up walking out with a 3DS instead.

Currently I only play Pokemon Black on DS, but now that I've played the head shooting game I see the potential of the system. I've been thinking something like Ocarina Of Time, or Star Fox, since I played those on N64 as a kid for way too many hours and it would be nice to relive the experience in THREE WHOLE DIMENSIONS. Harvest Moon looks pretty cool, Monster Hunter does too but I don't think I have enough free time to get into that.

What games have you guys really enjoyed on 3DS? And what ones take advantage of the 3D capabilities the best?
---
Lazeo Rodriguez,
Registered Sex Offender
#2jedinatPosted 5/3/2013 12:00:27 AM(edited)
Get Ocarina of Time first... then Mario 3D Land if you like platformers... Kid Icarus if you can find a good deal (pretty good game despite the controls)... Harvest Moon ANB (not the other one) is good for a time sink.

I plan to get Luigi's Mansion, but can't comment on it yet. Keep in mind some great games are due for release this year. Animal Crossing and Project X Zone next month (donky kong this month if thats your thing)...
#3crimsonclaw111Posted 5/2/2013 11:59:23 PM
New system means new games, grab OoT later on at a b2g1 type deal.

I'd start with Mario 3D Land or Pushmo. Pushmo is only $4.99 and is a great puzzle game on the Nintendo eShop (it's only $4.99 until May 9 though).
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#4x_stevey_xPosted 5/3/2013 12:18:08 AM
luigis mansion 2 is really fun and has pretty good 3d as well
#5PHEEliNUXPosted 5/3/2013 12:19:41 AM
All of these are good, Just pick whichever you see first or cheaper
Tales of the Abyss
Fire Emblem:Awakening
Cave Story 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#60ns0kumaruPosted 5/3/2013 12:46:14 AM
My first game was Dead or Alive Dimensions, which I bought it allong the handheld in 2011. I still play it, it is an excellent fighter with tight controls and beautiful graphics. Fights can be started really fast, so it is perfect for handheld gamming.

Also I have played Resident Evil: Revelations for long time, almost 200 hours. This is thanks to the addictive gameplay. I don't have the Circle Pad Pro, but I didn't have any problem with the control.
Raid Mode is awesome I'm currently done 893 missions and collected several cool weapons mods and legendary weapons. The scanner in campaign mode is a great addition, that add a new level to the experience. It helps you to stop from time to time and explore the place with high attention to your surroundings.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is another excellent game. I have it digital because it is perfect handheld game since you can go hunt some monster when you are need to kill sometime. As I mentioned before, I don't have a CPP but I feel I don't need it since there is a virtual digital pad on the touch screen which you can configure its size and position. I only had some trouble with swimming but with time I adapted to the controls.
There is a lot of strategy in this game, and each weapons require different play styles. Some weapons can be more effective in killing some monster than others, so you can spend time experimenting. I thing this is my favorite 3DS game

Finally, don't forget to download Swapnote it is free.

Have fun!
#7necxv17Posted 5/3/2013 12:55:09 AM
My first game was Minecraft 3DS edition from the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
#8PHEEliNUXPosted 5/3/2013 12:57:10 AM
necxv17 posted...

What?

Since when did it get ported to 3DS?
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#9DarkMarc009Posted 5/3/2013 1:01:02 AM
PHEEliNUX posted...
necxv17 posted...

What?

Since when did it get ported to 3DS?

It didn't. Hence why he put extra emphasis on "3DS"
#10CojiroseanPosted 5/3/2013 3:00:11 AM
Tales of the Abyss and Devil Survivor Overclocked.
Just don't get both at once, gotta save another good one for later.
---
"Only by comparing yourself to others can you define yourself. Thus your ever-present anxiety."