Ok that's it Nintendo! I'm done with you and your STUPID CENSORSHIP! >:(

#1AwesomeOSaucePosted 5/3/2013 12:12:25 AM
http://kotaku.com/the-ass-nintendo-doesnt-want-you-to-see-487825312

^^^ for those that haven't heard yet.

I'm 28.
Been gaming since the NES and I'm sorry but I'm done with Nintendo now.
As an adult I hate and I mean HATE being "babied" Even in my teens my parents would tell me stuff like "I don't think you should watch Terminator 2 because its just too violent" and now as an adult they would still tell me this if I lived with them >_>

I definately DO NOT need Nintendo to be my parents and censor stuff for me.
Kids these days aren't like the kids from decades ago.
No the kids these days that are 8 years old will watch Jersey Shore, Saw movies stuff like Basic Instinct and play games like GTA and Call of Duty in front of their parents who don't care.

So please tell me why a child has parents that will buy them 14+ hentai magazines yet Nintendo wants to censor bikini images in a T rated game.

Do you know how many T rated games have "suggestive or sexual content"?
thousands of them!

The thing is if Fire Emblem was released for a Sony or Microsoft system do you think we would have this prudish 1950s BS levels of censorship?

F*** NO!

I'm very angry and frustrated at all this censorship and I've even written to NoA a very heated email.

as an FF fan I'm still VERY pissed off that Final Fantasy VI on the SNES had certain sprites removed for enemies that showed their butt (look it up on wikipedia)

I'm a big advocate against censorship and as a huge anime fan I loathe 4KIDS which is a company that translates and localizes anime in America.

They butcher anime which is a work of art and I hope they burn in hell for what they've done to things like One Piece and many other animes they've worked on.
I'm certain there is a special circle in hell for those that destroy art from what it was intended to be viewed.

I'm done with Nintendo stupid handholdy crap and protect teh childrenzzz garbage.
I'm NOT a child and I don't want you treat 100% of your customers as children.

sony knows kids use their consoles and has parental locks and features and things that cater towards kids BUT they also aren't stupid and shun their adult audience either.

I could go on for hours ranting but fact is i'm so sick of this crap Nintendo pulls that I could almost throw up.

Oh and if Nintendo's censors T rated bikinis do you really think we will get an M RATED BAYONETTA 2?

LOL! we are probably going to get something so censored and stupid that it will no longer be the traditional Bayonetta we all know and love.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#2necxv17Posted 5/3/2013 12:15:12 AM
Hmph.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 5/3/2013 12:15:22 AM
I'm more pissed that Mugen Souls got censored, But i don't care about it being censored anyway, Because nothing in the gameplay got censored
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4NekoSushiRiotPosted 5/3/2013 12:21:21 AM
Where will you go now, Awesome?
---
Currently Playing: Xenogears, PO'ed, Fire Emblem Awakening
#5PeteZaHutxPosted 5/3/2013 12:41:45 AM
I really wish they at least allow for a uncensored setting in the menu of the game.No one lose's out and everyone benefits.

Tharja is too much kids apparently.
#6TinyTim123Posted 5/3/2013 12:42:37 AM
You know what though? Those parents should care if their kids are watching things like Saw or Jersey Shore. Yes, I also watched Terminator 2 at the theater on release, and no, I wasn't damaged or scarred for life. At the same time, you should not defend lazy parenting. Because that's what it is.
I can understand you being frustrated with censorship. I bought a Game Genie so that when I played Mortal Kombat on my Super Nintendo, I could have some form of blood instead of just sweat.
The bad thing is, though, Nintendo has to pull this kind of crap simply because parents don't bother to parent.
I really don't think kids (and I mean kids, if you are 16 you may not be an adult, but you're not a kid any more either) should be playing GTA games. Now that is my moral judgement. Resident Evil games, eh, probably okay once you are 13 or 14 (I can't say for some of the more recent ones, I stopped enjoy the Resident Evils when they got turned into third person action games). Once again, this is my own personal judgement call.
And yeah, I KNOW there are a ton of kids spewing out racist nonsense on XBox Live... there is a reason I don't use a mic on XBox live (even though I have a nice Sennheiser U320 headset) because you know what? I don't want to hear that BS.

So I can fully appreciate your not wanting to have to deal with censorship, but I sure hope you do a better job of raising your kids. Don't give them a GD iPhone at age 11. Don't go out and buy them the newest GTA game at age 12.
I remember when I worked i GameStop and I would hear kids disrespecting their mother's to their face, and their moms, they just buy them whatever. My mother would biff e upside the head had I ever dared think I could get away with crap like that, and no chance in hell would I be getting a game. I'd be lucky if my parents wouldn't sell off whatever gaming console I owned (purchased with my own money, thanks) for acting like that.

So I understand you being upset because you can;t watch naughty tentacles in English, and I understand you wanting to actually see a cartoon image of a butt in Fire Emblem (I would like to see blood in my copy of Mortal Kombat), and I can understand you being sick of the nonsense. But don't defend lazy parenting, and don't make that your justification with being over Nintendo.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#7Deimos259Posted 5/3/2013 12:48:37 AM
Calm down and go read some h manga
---
This is serious business, remember that.
#8NekoSushiRiotPosted 5/3/2013 12:49:43 AM
ROFL, its funny that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties has an uncensored code and Kasumi Ninja has a blood code.
---
Currently Playing: Xenogears, PO'ed, Fire Emblem Awakening
#9AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 12:51:21 AM
PeteZaHutx posted...
I really wish they at least allow for a uncensored setting in the menu of the game.No one lose's out and everyone benefits.

Tharja is too much kids apparently.

what kind of kid plays Fire Emblem in the first place?
I bet you could go out and try to find a child under 12 that would want to play FE would be impossibile.

They only care about Call of Duty and angry birds and wouldn't know how to play an srpg.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#10crimsonclaw111Posted 5/3/2013 12:58:54 AM
what kind of kid plays Fire Emblem in the first place?
I bet you could go out and try to find a child under 12 that would want to play FE would be impossibile.

They only care about Call of Duty and angry birds and wouldn't know how to play an srpg.

You'd be surprised. When I was 12-14 I was playing Advance Wars on the GBA and DS.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam