Ok that's it Nintendo! I'm done with you and your STUPID CENSORSHIP! >:(

#231mjc0961Posted 5/3/2013 4:45:25 PM
Oh no, I don't get to see a cartoon ass! Totally done with an entire game company because one picture is censored!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#232mjc0961Posted 5/3/2013 4:47:16 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Hopefully the people defending this, no matter how little it MAY be will have an upcoming game of theirs on their wishlist censored to s***. missing music, missing characters, missing and/or completely altered scenes, what have you. don't come on here and "complain" like the TC :).

Big difference between censoring one picture and censoring gameplay content, dude.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#233ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/3/2013 4:47:23 PM
RiKuToTheMiGhtY posted...
No need for making something so wasteful, Nintendo just needs to stop doing stupid BS like this as there is no nudity and the image is not in violation unless your a prude from the 1950's "women are sin" era.

Nintendo allows a nude male statue showing a full frontal yet a clothed woman in a bikini needs to be censored ?

Yeah, because women can't do certain things to pictures of men. Men on the other hand...
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#234parKb5Posted 5/3/2013 4:56:50 PM
No need for making something so wasteful, Nintendo just needs to stop doing stupid BS like this as there is no nudity and the image is not in violation unless your a prude from the 1950's "women are sin" era.

Nintendo allows a nude male statue showing a full frontal yet a clothed woman in a bikini needs to be censored ?

What 1950's are you talking about? There was no AIDS back then, people were much more liberal in the 50's-70's then they are now.

Women are more of a sin now then they were back then.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#235AkaneJonesPosted 5/3/2013 5:04:23 PM
so64 posted...

1. Except, FE: Awakening is full of innuendo, especially in the DLC in question. Furthermore, if I were in charge of Nintendo, I would take some of those claims of kiddyness with a grain of salt. Now if those fans mean in terms of storyline or artistic expression, then I would take them seriously, but I think that is only a 45% of people who call Nintendo kiddy calls them kiddy.
3. Then one should argue against the grander forms of censorship if it causes a true decrease in quality of those games.
4. I think you may need to explicate upon this point more, because I think I may be a bit dim. But how is Nintendo's change sexist?
5. Okay, I can agree with this. It is somewhat un-egalitarian to have separate rules for one side of the service and rules for other sides of the service.
7. Is it really though? I mean it is just a curtain and the picture is still suggestive (perhaps even more so due to people's imagination and 'less is more' principle.)
8. What do you mean by exponential?

1) Not the point, Nintendo is trying to gain back the audience they lost to PS360, on the WiiU. Any amount of censoring their own products adds fuel to the flames. Those people won't look at the game as a larger whole. In fact they probably won't even play the game to know said inuendo exists. Its just an excuse to continue to ignore Nintendo while premoting the idea to the greater populace. As a result new people reaching that age get suckered into the idea, and it perpetuates.

3) Better to complain about smaller issues, before they consider larger ones. That way they know their audiance doesn't except this sort of thing. It also makes it less of an uphill battle if they do try.

4) It is sexist when the female body is deem too much of a sex object, deemed "unhealth" for younger audience, or other wise "objectional" in a way that deems it need be censored, specifically when the same levels nudity and/or skippy clothing are deemed, not only fine for the same audience, but not even considered for any kind of censorship for any audience, when it involves male characters. The only issue one suffers is lots modern feminists may descided to ignore the real issue focusing in on the existence of pictures in the first place, even if as beach theme it treats the male characters the same.

5) We aren't even sure, but no one seems to want it. It actually seems the only ones objecting are children with ingrained sexist ideas of the female body is a sex object. It's a little child going I reported you for drawing girl in a bikini, most because they immature and resent the artist's popularity. They basically know Nintendo will censor it, even if it was perfectly fine and worse stuff in screenshot are already there.

7) Yes, in the case of swear changes, you are actually down to cultural lauguage differences, and mild dialog mixing. This is akin to putting pants on Michaelangalo's David, from that old Simpsons episode. (And if you still don't see it, understand that direct translation of swears may result in a word that one culture finds worse. I used that example because that word in Japanese translates to both **** & crap, as only one word exist, and not considered a censor red flag. Obviously non-thong biniki butt is not that, a censor red flag.)

8) It means it gets worse. It may be inconsequential now, but it lets them know silly censorship is oh kei. So they can do worse. Actually they already have, to Style Savvy and its trans/gay/trap characters outright being censored out of the game, in that form. However due to the game being lesser it gets ignored. Also I believe it has a lower rating, and ESRP needs punching in the face over its anti-GLBT bias (That's an entirely different issue, though, so forget it).
#236RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 5/3/2013 5:05:01 PM
The 60's sure, and the 70's yes but the image of the 1950's for women was the wholesome house wife who obeyed her husband and was not suppose to represent a sex symbol but a "loving mother" or "wholesome wife".
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
#237UponADarkThornePosted 5/3/2013 5:09:12 PM

The Statue of David, which the statue in Animal Crossing is, is largely considered to one of the greatest works of art in human history. The nudity in it and other historical works, from Venus de Milo to the Sistine Chapel is not considered sexual.

Meanwhile, the entire FE DLC is fan service. It's not created with any artistic merit, it's just created to give you a chance to see your favorite characters in sexy outfits. The two are not on the same level and anyone who thinks they are - well, I really don't know what to say.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#238parKb5Posted 5/3/2013 5:13:39 PM(edited)
The 60's sure, and the 70's yes but the image of the 1950's for women was the wholesome house wife who obeyed her husband and was not suppose to represent a sex symbol but a "loving mother" or "wholesome wife".

There is a big difference between "loving mother" , "wholesome wife" and "women are sin."

Nothing is more loving and wholesome than a good &$%#( !

Playboy magazine got its start in the early 1950's and there wouldn't have been a huge audience for it like there was is people thought "women are sin."
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#239John_DanePosted 5/3/2013 5:21:59 PM
Deimos259 posted...
Calm down and go read some h manga

/topic
#240odcrl001Posted 5/3/2013 5:44:16 PM
It's not a big deal at all. On the contrary we could use more censorship in games