So I can't buy Minish Cap on the eShop?

#1The Hye CircusPosted 5/3/2013 2:16:24 AM
That sucks.
---
"Cats are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well" -Shigeru Miyamoto
#2IHeartMetroidPosted 5/3/2013 2:21:01 AM
Informative!
---
Currently ignoring 5 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#3Pikachu1918Posted 5/3/2013 4:38:31 AM
Should've bought the 3DS at launch...
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#4CurryfiendPosted 5/3/2013 5:40:32 AM
I don't get why Nintendo won't even put it on sale for those who missed the anniversary. Do they not want money?
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ~f00had
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#5PlanetvideogamePosted 5/3/2013 5:47:33 AM
Aren't GBA games coming to the Wii U eShop soon?
---
#6Ralala888Posted 5/3/2013 7:06:03 AM
Curryfiend posted...
I don't get why Nintendo won't even put it on sale for those who missed the anniversary. Do they not want money?

It wasn't up for the Zelda 25th, it was given to Ambassadors (those who bought the 3DS at launch, pre-price drop).

I do agree, though, there is no reason NOT to sell them in the eShop. And sell us more. I get that the Wii U is getting a GBA VC, but can't both the Wii U and the 3DS just have the same VCs, and also connect to one another?
#7JurassicBondPosted 5/3/2013 7:11:50 AM
Ralala888 posted...
Curryfiend posted...

It wasn't up for the Zelda 25th, it was given to Ambassadors (those who bought the 3DS at launch, pre-price drop).

I do agree, though, there is no reason NOT to sell them in the eShop. And sell us more. I get that the Wii U is getting a GBA VC, but can't both the Wii U and the 3DS just have the same VCs, and also connect to one another?

Woah, hold up there! You're assuming they're competent enough to handle any online related thing right. You should know better than that.

Seriously though, if it wasn't for the fact that Nintendo games are still regularly ranked among my favorites, I'd probably give up on Nintendo systems. They don't do anything else half as well as the competition these days.
---
Reading: Maskerade - Terry Pratchett
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#8nimerjm37Posted 5/3/2013 7:31:50 AM
JurassicBond posted...
Ralala888 posted...
Curryfiend posted...

Woah, hold up there! You're assuming they're competent enough to handle any online related thing right. You should know better than that.

Seriously though, if it wasn't for the fact that Nintendo games are still regularly ranked among my favorites, I'd probably give up on Nintendo systems. They don't do anything else half as well as the competition these days.

I disagree. Nintendo has its faults - you are right about that. But it does do one thing better than the competition:

eShop updates.

New retail games are available at 12:01 a.m. on their street date, and the eShop ALWAYS updates on Thursday at noon.

Compare that to the PSN. It updates on Tuesdays, except when it doesn't. Two weeks ago, the shop wasn't updated until Wednesday afternoon, with zero explanation from Sony on the delay. Even if the PSN does update on Tuesday, who the hell knows what time? Sometimes it's 5 p.m. (eastern), other times it's 11:30 pm.m (eastern). There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Also, games are mostly released on Tuesdays, so digital customers can get them same day, but not same time. Those buying physical copies of games can get them at 12:01 a.m. on the street date, but digital customers must wait HOURS until the PSN updates... and who knows when (or if) on Tuesday that will happen? No one.

So, yeah, I don't like the separate Virtual Consoles, either. I've been sore about it since the early days of the Wii. I don't like the lack of a Nintendo account, and I don't like the five system transfer cap.

That said, saying Nintendo does everything wrong with their online/eShop strategy is a blanket statement that makes you look foolish. The updates on Nintendo's service outstrip the competition 100 to 1, and that's a fact. Maybe other stuff isn't quite up to par, but with updates, Nintendo is king.
---
I often wonder why the people most concerned with maturity are usually the most immature among us, don't you?
#9JurassicBondPosted 5/3/2013 7:56:00 AM
nimerjm37 posted...

That said, saying Nintendo does everything wrong with their online/eShop strategy is a blanket statement that makes you look foolish. The updates on Nintendo's service outstrip the competition 100 to 1, and that's a fact. Maybe other stuff isn't quite up to par, but with updates, Nintendo is king.

Fair enough. They do update regularly. However, they are extremely lacking in just about everything else:

- EShop navigation is a joke compared to PSN (and PSN's isn't even that great to begin with)
- The majority of PSOne games I bought can be played on my PS3, PSP, or Vita without having to buy the game more than once. (To be fair there are some notable titles that can't be played on Vita as of yet)
- Their sales are a joke compared to the PSN. (This didn't always use to be the case, but PSN has had a string of awesome sales in the last couple of months)
- No account system. (This is pretty much inexcusable in this day and age and is by far what they need to implement before anything else)
- Sony has the PS+, which many people see as a glorified rental service, but I personally love it. Cloud saving, extra discounts on sales, and they have some great games available for free.

Personally, if Nintendo implemented some changes to fix what I mentioned above and it meant that their updates weren't always on time, I would be much happier.

I didn't compare it with XBox's marketplace or Steam because I never owned an XBox, and comparing anything to Steam just isn't fair since it's got all of the good things I listed above, plus the ontime updates that you are so fond of.

Also, as critical as this post is, I really do love Nintendo (as well as Sony). The 3DS is a great system, and like I said in my first post, Nintendo, IMO, still makes the best games. Both companies have their fair share of flaws. But Nintendo's continued incompetence in the area of online sales is probably the most irksome thing to me about the new generation of handhelds and consoles.
---
Reading: Maskerade - Terry Pratchett
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#10lanifPosted 5/3/2013 8:21:17 AM
I have a boxed version of Minish Cap on my gba
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!