I'm amused by the fact...

#1Kinneth123Posted 5/3/2013 1:42:08 PM
That while game censorship has been an issue for awhile, it took (ineffective) censorship in a game's swimsuit episode for people to get vocal about it.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#2Abiz_Posted 5/3/2013 1:45:41 PM
That while game censorship has been an issue for awhile, it took (ineffective) censorship in a game's swimsuit episode for people to get vocal about it.

....No, people were vocal about the games being censored or changed. Witcher was censored and people were vocal about that. What was it FF4(i think) was easier over in the US and once people could get online they were vocal about that.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#3nazacuckooPosted 5/3/2013 1:45:50 PM
Swimsuits R Im-por-taynt.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#4kenff6Posted 5/3/2013 1:48:32 PM
What about the gay bar in I think DW3? Nobody seems to care about that being censored.

You guys pick and choose your censorship battles and it's offensive to minority groups.
#5Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 1:53:23 PM
kenff6 posted...
What about the gay bar in I think DW3? Nobody seems to care about that being censored.

You guys pick and choose your censorship battles and it's offensive to minority groups.

That's what I'm trying to say, it's always a back issue until someone doesn't get their fanservice. xD
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#6zaingasmPosted 5/3/2013 2:06:03 PM
I've always thought that censorship in games was dumb, no matter what they censored. The game was made like that for a reason in Japan, so why not let us enjoy it, too?

One example I can really think of that honestly upset me was the tranny nurse in Pokemon Black/White 2. It just takes away from the experience as a whole, IMO.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards
#7LinkSSJ6Posted 5/3/2013 2:07:38 PM
Anyone who shouldn't be seeing what was censored shouldn't even be playing the game to begin with.
They put those things there because it's expected that it's not a problem to the target audience or age range of the players.
---
Got a Wii or Wii U but nothing new to play? Get Pandora's Tower!
http://www.pandorastowerwii.com/
#8uberking422Posted 5/3/2013 2:13:29 PM
Haven't you learned, TC? It only becomes relevant when it gives people a reason to bash Nintendo.
#9LinkSSJ6Posted 5/3/2013 2:14:09 PM
uberking422 posted...
Haven't you learned, TC? It only becomes relevant when it gives people a reason to bash Nintendo.

I like Nintendo and I don't like censorship.
---
Got a Wii or Wii U but nothing new to play? Get Pandora's Tower!
http://www.pandorastowerwii.com/
#10uberking422Posted 5/3/2013 2:17:56 PM
LinkSSJ6 posted...
uberking422 posted...

I like Nintendo and I don't like censorship.

And that's fine and dandy. But most of the schmucks I see lambasting Nintendo for the Fire Emblem censorship are either the same idiots who attack them for anything they can, or people who don't seem to understand why censorship is an issue but act like they do anyway.