I'm amused by the fact...

#11UponADarkThornePosted 5/3/2013 2:05:33 PM
I wonder if one some Japanese gaming forum, fans of Fallout 3 complain that their Nuka-Launcher should be called Fat Man?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#12strongo9Posted 5/3/2013 2:32:33 PM
Why do people care about silly censorship and dialogue changes? I understand if actual gameplay gets cut, but come on people. Move on with your lives.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#13AkaneJonesPosted 5/3/2013 9:06:52 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
That while game censorship has been an issue for awhile, it took (ineffective) censorship in a game's swimsuit episode for people to get vocal about it.

Not really, Vivian if Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door was a bit of a hot topic that keeps coming back up, but less effective since it literally just removes Goomabarella's acknowledge of Vivian actually being male, rather than actually effecting that character(AI we all are still aware that Vivian is male even if the game no longer stated it). Then there were issues with Style Savvy removal and censoring of the trans/gay/trap characters, but due to the games only mild buzz topic around here eight months ago you probably missed that part. I mean normal guys just looked at the game and thought it was shovelware crap. So it didn't get reporting about things like that at places like Kotaku.

Fire Emblem is much higher profile. It's also the game Nintendo didn't think was big here, suddenly when they spend some effort on it, on an RPG starved system, that is waiting for them, they realize it is. But more to the point its one of those series that has been used to show that Nintendo isn't just kiddy Mario crap. So it becomes a bigger deal because it shows NoA is trying to undermine there own attempts not to come off as kiddy. Its completely face palm level of censorship too.

The only way it could be effective is if Nintendo intentional did it, so they could turn around and uncensor it. Then all the buzz gets more people to buy the DLC pak. But we don't need stupid conspiracies, we just need look a Nintendo's moderation of Miiverse, on almost identical content.
#14KurizakaPosted 5/3/2013 9:34:25 PM
I've always been vocal about censorship...and my hatred towards it.
#15Rizaadon007Posted 5/3/2013 9:44:17 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
That while game censorship has been an issue for awhile, it took (ineffective) censorship in a game's swimsuit episode for people to get vocal about it.

Not really, Vivian if Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door was a bit of a hot topic that keeps coming back up, but less effective since it literally just removes Goomabarella's acknowledge of Vivian actually being male, rather than actually effecting that character(AI we all are still aware that Vivian is male even if the game no longer stated it). Then there were issues with Style Savvy removal and censoring of the trans/gay/trap characters, but due to the games only mild buzz topic around here eight months ago you probably missed that part. I mean normal guys just looked at the game and thought it was shovelware crap. So it didn't get reporting about things like that at places like Kotaku.

Fire Emblem is much higher profile. It's also the game Nintendo didn't think was big here, suddenly when they spend some effort on it, on an RPG starved system, that is waiting for them, they realize it is. But more to the point its one of those series that has been used to show that Nintendo isn't just kiddy Mario crap. So it becomes a bigger deal because it shows NoA is trying to undermine there own attempts not to come off as kiddy. Its completely face palm level of censorship too.

The only way it could be effective is if Nintendo intentional did it, so they could turn around and uncensor it. Then all the buzz gets more people to buy the DLC pak. But we don't need stupid conspiracies, we just need look a Nintendo's moderation of Miiverse, on almost identical content.

This guy knows what's up.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#16parKb5Posted 5/4/2013 4:04:02 AM
Kinneth123 posted...
kenff6 posted...
What about the gay bar in I think DW3? Nobody seems to care about that being censored.

You guys pick and choose your censorship battles and it's offensive to minority groups.

That's what I'm trying to say, it's always a back issue until someone doesn't get their fanservice. xD

LOL the game came out in 1992. Where were people going to complain about it at?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#17confettistormPosted 5/4/2013 5:14:49 AM
Kinneth123 posted...

50% are children flailing, moaning, crying and throwing a temper tantrum, but still in all their wisdom, purchased the DLC and the other 50% of fanboys (mostly Vita ones) calling for a boycott or to stop buying 3DS games.

Both are reasons why I believe that "gamers" are a much larger problem than industry or company problems.

All this moaning just makes us look so immature.