Is a 3DS worth it for only Mario and Zelda?

#1Ratchet611Posted 5/3/2013 3:20:17 PM
Well... I've been mainly a playstation gamer for a big portion of my life and I'm more of the shooter type of guy. It's been a really long time ever since I played a nintendo console. Last time I played on one, I was a pre-teen and played alot of the old Mario games on the Super nintendo/n64... BUT, I remember enjoying them alot.

I know that what I said above doesn't really have much to do with the topic but, i figured i'd share a bit. 3DS worth for JUST Mario/Zelda and maybe Pokemon X/Y, or should I get a VITA instead?
---
Steam iD: Darkness_Zoraph
PC Specs: FX 6100 | XFX 6870 HD | 8GB DDR3 | 500Gb HDD | HIVE 550w | W7 Ultimate | 1920x1080
#2Super SlashPosted 5/3/2013 3:22:47 PM
There's so much more worth getting on the 3DS than there is the Vita, so I say get the 3DS.
#3yankee6903Posted 5/3/2013 3:28:04 PM
I was like you TC...then I played Resident Evil Revelations. Then Etrian Odyssey. Then original DS games.
#4crazymerioPosted 5/3/2013 3:31:56 PM
Yes, because then you'll realize there are so many good games you don't even have money to get all of them.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1519-7421
#5ukokira1Posted 5/3/2013 3:41:32 PM
Its worth it for First party titles and those third party title that are really good but dont get advertised much but eventually become cult classics (999, Ghost Trick etc)
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#6MelkacPosted 5/3/2013 3:48:26 PM(edited)
Geez...

3DS is not just for Mario and Zelda. In fact, there are VERY FEW Mario and Zelda games in this console (I mean seriously, who told you that?).
Don't get a VITA. Not even PS3 owners want it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 5/3/2013 3:50:28 PM
Melkac posted...
Geez...

3DS is not just for Mario and Zelda. In fact, there are VERY FEW Mario and Zelda games in this console (I mean seriously, who told you that?).

theres def no shortage of mario titles
#8mabber_IIIPosted 5/3/2013 3:59:59 PM
no

but it is just for luigi's mansion 2
#9LinkMaster2703Posted 5/3/2013 4:03:03 PM
3DS is totally worth it, couldn't recommend it more. My Vita, on the other hand, currently just collects dust.

Melkac posted...
Geez...

You're joking, right? New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Mario Tennis Open are all out already and Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move are all coming out soon.
#10QueskerPosted 5/3/2013 7:13:41 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
3DS is totally worth it, couldn't recommend it more. My Vita, on the other hand, currently just collects dust.

Melkac posted...
Geez...

You're joking, right? New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Mario Tennis Open are all out already and Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move are all coming out soon.

I think he/she meant main Mario titles, like NSMB2 and SM3D Land only. Stuff like Mario Kart doesn't count.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn