So why exactly aren't we getting Maplestory?

#121_21Posted 5/3/2013 7:04:32 PM
Looks like an awesome game, and it's really interesting that it's a Korean game developer making it. Why exactly isn't that game going outside of Korea? Even Japan isn't getting it. What's wrong with opening the market worldwide?
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Black Mesa, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#2TohruAdachiPosted 5/3/2013 7:07:32 PM
Maplestory for the 3DS?
Would it really be as fun as the PC Maplestory?
I don't see how they'll do all those servers,cash shop items,online ,etc.
#3Last VampirePosted 5/3/2013 7:10:07 PM
It's a pretty s***ty game if you've ever played good games before.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#4Lord_FroodPosted 5/3/2013 7:10:51 PM
Because MS went to s*** after the Big Bang patch.

It's still kind of fun, but holy crap, I have never played a more fun MMO than MS back in the first 2-3 years of its lifespan.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#521_21(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 7:11:26 PM
TohruAdachi posted...
Maplestory for the 3DS?

Oh wow, there's a PC version? I didn't know about that. I'll have to give that a look, then.
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Black Mesa, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#6pbandjamesPosted 5/3/2013 7:12:51 PM
Uh, that game has been around longer than you seem to think. It's an MMO-style kind of game, with online transactions and such, so a 3DS version wouldn't be very good, most likely.
---
Game news is the best news.
#7IAznDragonI YanPosted 5/3/2013 7:15:32 PM
the handheld maple story games are okay as a standalone game. i wanna play the 3ds one. i've played and beaten the ds one and it was pretty fun.
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#8KurizakaPosted 5/3/2013 7:16:27 PM
I really used to like Maplestory. I tried playing it again a few months ago and just couldn't get back into it. It bored me and I was surprised I spent so much time on it. Guess I should have left it in my memories.
#9Tzuba12Posted 5/3/2013 7:17:16 PM
21_21 posted...
TohruAdachi posted...
Maplestory for the 3DS?

Oh wow, there's a PC version? I didn't know about that. I'll have to give that a look, then.

Wait, what? The MMO is the original. How could you have not know about it?
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#10iMURDAuPosted 5/3/2013 7:40:48 PM
Yeah I was kind of wondering why we'd want an out of date MMO on the 3DS. Grind, grind, pay to win, repeat.
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg