For those who still don't get it. It's not Tharja's ass, it's the CENSORSHIP!

#1G1ingyPosted 5/4/2013 12:34:42 PM(edited)
Christ. It's like you people don't even use your head.

I don't even care if her ass is bare. I don't even care if her panties has a swastika in it. Not being able to see Tharja's ass isn't the issue here, it's the fact that they CENSORED it to begin that's the problem.

If the original art was covered up too this wouldn't be too much an issue. But the fact that they still censored that scene(as well as a few dialogues related to Nowi...and the marriage between related child-characters) that is problematic.

If there was an option to toggle between censored version of the game and actual version of the game it would have been fine. But because a grand total of one person might find the idea of "women wears bikini" offensive, everyone else have what they do not mind censored without having a say in it is the big problem here. The enjoyment of the few who wouldn't even play this game anyways took priority over the many that actually bought it. THAT is the problem. It's patronizing, and it reeks of outdated christian influence in the west.

PS - it doesn't help that you can't exactly give Nintendo any feedback at all. They have no forums, nothing. You can give them a feedback in ClubNintendo questionnaire after buying the game for 2 weeks. But pretty much everyone who would have given them feedback has already done so, long before this DLC came out.

PPS - I still like the game. In an era where kids think CoD is considered "hardcore" while hiding behind cover to regenerate health faster than Wolverine, this series is one of the very VERY few I'd consider actually "hardcore" along with roguelikes.
#2iMURDAuPosted 5/4/2013 12:36:15 PM
Mortal Kombat on SNES says hi and where have you been?
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg
#3PeteZaHutxPosted 5/4/2013 12:36:15 PM
Precisely,its the principle of the matter.If they really wanted to see Tharja bikini bottom they would just look online.The main issue here is we weren't given a choice to censor the scene if you wanted to or uncensored if you want to see it unedited.
#4MarsfordPosted 5/4/2013 12:37:18 PM
I wonder what the motivation was behind it, since the game IS rated teen, a bikini covered ass shouldn't be an issue.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#5_Izanagi_Posted 5/4/2013 12:38:20 PM
You are correct. The thing is, Nintendo's stalwart defenders are quick to rush to its defense saying "Nintendo did nothing wrong," and "what's the big deal" when the issue is the damn censorship. Soulless soccer moms are destroying this company with their crappy ideals.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
''Typical entitled internet user.''ADHDguitar ''Your entitled to shut the f*** up.''Too_Cool_Rick
#6G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 12:41:17 PM(edited)
iMURDAu posted...
Mortal Kombat on SNES says hi and where have you been?

SNES is how long ago?

Censorship being around for so long does not mean it should stick around even longer. ESPECIALLY not in a game rated for teens. And heck, even if an 7 year old saw it, what do you think would happen? The kid would suddenly click and start having sex with random strangers in the streets?
#7TheMisterManGuyPosted 5/4/2013 12:39:59 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66120010 and please read before you post.
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#8ServantOfErieosPosted 5/4/2013 12:40:50 PM
I haven't read much in the topic but I definitely agree with the topic title.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#9ZeroArcheryPosted 5/4/2013 12:41:29 PM
It's not the issue that's the problem.

It's how overblown it is. There are *tons* of games with slight censorship. Fire Emblem is already a niche title, on top of it, it's a DLC content as well. That's dangerous territory.

And what's more, is that people are acting like Nintendo is widely known for censorship. I can think of very few instances where they did it. And it's common that things are changed for oversea releases.

With the news lately, and how "offended" people get with content, it's increasingly more difficult for developers to deliver content on a mass scale.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#10so64Posted 5/4/2013 12:56:44 PM
Actually you can still contact Nintendo, just e-mail their customer service. Or go to their facebook/youtube pages.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783