For those who still don't get it. It's not Tharja's ass, it's the CENSORSHIP!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For those who still don't get it. It's not Tharja's ass, it's the CENSORSHIP!
2 years ago#11
Its better to voice our opinions on this matter in a public space , Nintendo will take criticism more seriously if more people can see the complaints.If Nintendo doesn't oblige the complaints could reach all over the web and this will attract bad publicity towards them.,
2 years ago#12
Facebook is a public space, so is Youtube. Also, it would look bad if Nintendo began deleting comments.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
2 years ago#13
Actually, it's definitely about Tharja's ass.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.
2 years ago#14
ZeroArchery posted...

With the news lately, and how "offended" people get with content, it's increasingly more difficult for developers to deliver content on a mass scale.

It only takes one person to talk to fox news for this all to blow out of proportion. It's censorship, sure, but it's for the good of everyone. Less drama, more sales.
2 years ago#15
And what's more, is that people are acting like Nintendo is widely known for censorship.

Before ESRB existed and then Sony smacked them around with the ps1. Nintendo was known for censorship during the 8 and 16 bit eras.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mxT_ruxlI Games took a big turn in content when Sony got a foothold.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
(edited by Abiz_)
2 years ago#16
Abiz_ posted...
And what's more, is that people are acting like Nintendo is widely known for censorship.

Before ESRB existed and then Sony smacked them around with the ps1. Nintendo was known for censorship during the 8 and 16 bit eras.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mxT_ruxlI Games took a big turn in content when Sony got a foothold.

Yes, 15 years ago.

Through then, to now? They're one of the better companies about it.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
2 years ago#17
Through then, to now? They're one of the better companies about it.

No out of Sony and Microsoft. They still censor more. Still protecting that family imagine from the 80/90s...Which is a little late....
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
(edited by Abiz_)
2 years ago#18
yeah it's about the ass
---
This is serious business, remember that.
2 years ago#19
G1ingy posted...
Christ. It's like you people don't even use your head.

I don't even care if her ass is bare. I don't even care if her panties has a swastika in it. Not being able to see Tharja's ass isn't the issue here, it's the fact that they CENSORED it to begin that's the problem.

If the original art was covered up too this wouldn't be too much an issue. But the fact that they still censored that scene(as well as a few dialogues related to Nowi...and the marriage between related child-characters) that is problematic.

If there was an option to toggle between censored version of the game and actual version of the game it would have been fine. But because a grand total of one person might find the idea of "women wears bikini" offensive, everyone else have what they do not mind censored without having a say in it is the big problem here. The enjoyment of the few who wouldn't even play this game anyways took priority over the many that actually bought it. THAT is the problem. It's patronizing, and it reeks of outdated christian influence in the west.

PS - it doesn't help that you can't exactly give Nintendo any feedback at all. They have no forums, nothing. You can give them a feedback in ClubNintendo questionnaire after buying the game for 2 weeks. But pretty much everyone who would have given them feedback has already done so, long before this DLC came out.

PPS - I still like the game. In an era where kids think CoD is considered "hardcore" while hiding behind cover to regenerate health faster than Wolverine, this series is one of the very VERY few I'd consider actually "hardcore" along with roguelikes.

You can't fool me.

If it was just about censorship, this issue would have come up (blown up ) for 3DS long before now.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
2 years ago#20
PS - it doesn't help that you can't exactly give Nintendo any feedback at all. They have no forums, nothing. You can give them a feedback in ClubNintendo questionnaire after buying the game for 2 weeks. But pretty much everyone who would have given them feedback has already done so, long before this DLC came out.

actually, there is Miiverse, but admittedly it's not on 3ds yet.
---
Nintendo fans have the privilege of being able to saying a game is bad because the predecessor is better, not because the game is actually bad objectively.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For those who still don't get it. It's not Tharja's ass, it's the CENSORSHIP!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived