For those who still don't get it. It's not Tharja's ass, it's the CENSORSHIP!

#31Abiz_Posted 5/4/2013 1:59:10 PM
No, she means the original story of the main game is not affected by the change in the DLC.

Ah ok.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#32Darth_KamcioPosted 5/4/2013 2:15:00 PM
Hi. I've never played that FE game, I don't even own a 3ds (yet). I just want to give my two cents here:

An anime game for PS3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 has swimsuits (bikini for two characters, one-piece swimsuits for two other characters) for some female characters. It's DLC, it's a japanese game and it sure shows even more flesh than that image (before censorship).

So I don't really get the point of censorship there, when other games get away with much more. Is it just lolnintendo? Or is that one ass so special? And IIRC NUNS3 is rated T too.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#33MrMacgamerPosted 5/4/2013 2:25:36 PM
How is this about Nintendos' censorship? Censorship is generally comes from governments... censoring stuff 'they' don't want the public to see, so if anyone is blame it would be the governments of those areas.
Also Nintendo is private company and they can do whatever they want with their products as long as they comply with laws in the areas they sell said products. The products that they sell are a privilege not a right, they give you the privilege of buying the product. If you don't like the product.. no one is making you buy it. So their choice to change content based on regional laws is up to them.. they could choose not to comply, but then they probably wouldn't be able to sell in that region.

So I really think people should quit blaming Nintendo for adjusting the content of their property, they have every right too!
---
Lazy = Not doing something yourself.
Stupid = Having intelligence but choosing not to exercise the right decision.
#34parKb5Posted 5/4/2013 3:56:12 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
You are correct. The thing is, Nintendo's stalwart defenders are quick to rush to its defense saying "Nintendo did nothing wrong," and "what's the big deal" when the issue is the damn censorship. Soulless soccer moms are destroying this company with their crappy ideals.

You are correct. Nintendo already rated the game for teens, so I don't see the problem with showing a bikini bottom. It really is ridiculous that Nintendo feels that teens in NA can't handle a cartoon bikini. I guess you have to be over 18 before your first trip to the beach.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#35parKb5Posted 5/4/2013 4:06:16 PM
Mottman posted...
Here's the thing, people.

As a grown man who has lived long enough to see all of the issues plaguing this world, I find it hard to get at all worked up because some random DLC of a video game was altered to be less racy.

Call me a fanboy or a defender of censorship if you insist (just realize you'll be an idiot if you do) but I simply cannot get worked up over this. Even forgetting the thousands of more serious problems we face on a daily basis, even if we limit this argument to the specific arena of censorship, there are hundreds of worse offenses than this. This DLC was altered by the publishers that own it. There are many more exmples of true censorship out there, of things that have been altered without the permission of those who own the feature.

So really, I cannot help but either be skeptical of people who claim this isn't about seeing the booty, or think that these people have no clue of how tough life is outside of their own sheltered backyard.

I'm glad to know that no problem that doesn't get you worked up matters.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#36FredSavage27Posted 5/4/2013 4:16:03 PM(edited)
iMURDAu posted...
Mortal Kombat on SNES says hi and where have you been?

What about it? Everybody komplained about it, and Mortal Kombat II was released uncensored. 19 years ago. The only censored third party game I can think of in recent years is Manhunt 2, and that's only because the ESRB originally rated it AO.
#37UponADarkThornePosted 5/4/2013 4:23:55 PM
Nintendo hasn't censored third party games in a while. They censored IP they own. Of course, they can do anything to products they own. They could add explicit sexual content or a lot of gore. They could also turn the cast into anthropomorphic rabbits or turn the series into a first person shooter.

They own Fire Emblem. They have a right to do whatever they want.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#38Second_ChancesPosted 5/4/2013 4:27:15 PM
I don't care that they censored ass. I would care if they censored something actually meaningful, but this was pretty much shameless fanservice in the first place.

If I want to see some ass, I'll go on the internet.
#39Zechs23Posted 5/4/2013 4:27:46 PM
Censorship?!?!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33050747.jpg
---
3DS FC: 0619-3034-0578
#40TheMisterManGuyPosted 5/4/2013 5:45:19 PM(edited)
Second_Chances posted...
I don't care that they censored ass. I would care if they censored something actually meaningful, but this was pretty much shameless fanservice in the first place.

If I want to see some ass, I'll go on the internet.

Thank you! This is what I've been saying this whole time. It shouldn't matter if they censor something that has no relevance to the story, character personalities, or gameplay. It only becomes a problem when say, Instead of Emmeryn dying, she just apparently falls in Gangrel's hands and is kidnaped off screen, never to be seen again.
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.