For those who still don't get it. It's not Tharja's ass, it's the CENSORSHIP!

#51knuxnolePosted 5/4/2013 7:24:46 PM
Remember: THIS IS NINTENDO. Marketed towards certain audiences.

You actually expected no censorship? Uh....HELLO. Remember what company you are working for.

Pokemon does TONS of censorship with peoples bodies and not one person complains. Except for creepers.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#52knuxnolePosted 5/4/2013 7:26:12 PM
G1ingy posted...
ObtuseAngina posted...
Nintendo has censored their games since they started making consoles, in fact Nintendo had very strict rules on what content could be in an NES game. Why weren't people making a big stink about this before Fire Emblem? I've said in a previous topic one such censorship is the very title of A Link to the Past, why aren't people complaining about that? But choose to complain over a butt?

There have been for quite a while since the internet got big.

Of course, back in the NES era people either didn't know of the censorship or have no outlet to express their displeasure.

And why would they EVER care? I can't think of one negative reaction to SNES censorship, at all. If you don't want it: DONT PLAY A NINTENDO CONSOLE.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#53ObtuseAnginaPosted 5/4/2013 8:01:48 PM
The point I was trying to make is if you complain about Censorship you should complain about all censorship, not just pick and choose
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#54Furikuri_flclPosted 5/4/2013 8:14:13 PM(edited)
knuxnole posted...
G1ingy posted...
ObtuseAngina posted...
Nintendo has censored their games since they started making consoles, in fact Nintendo had very strict rules on what content could be in an NES game. Why weren't people making a big stink about this before Fire Emblem? I've said in a previous topic one such censorship is the very title of A Link to the Past, why aren't people complaining about that? But choose to complain over a butt?

There have been for quite a while since the internet got big.

Of course, back in the NES era people either didn't know of the censorship or have no outlet to express their displeasure.

And why would they EVER care? I can't think of one negative reaction to SNES censorship, at all. If you don't want it: DONT PLAY A NINTENDO CONSOLE.

Ummm... Developers reacted negatively to SNES censorship (and other things) which drove them to jump ship to the more open platform of the Sony Playstation. Not to mention Western devs avoiding Nintendo systems like the plague and focusing on PC development.

The only reason Nintendo have loosened up somewhat is because people jumped ship once the option to do so appeared and they lost every third party.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#55ServantOfErieosPosted 5/4/2013 9:05:42 PM
knuxnole posted...
Remember: THIS IS NINTENDO. Marketed towards certain audiences.

You actually expected no censorship? Uh....HELLO. Remember what company you are working for.

Pokemon does TONS of censorship with peoples bodies and not one person complains. Except for creepers.

Literally just said Nintendo = kiddytendo.

And people have the nerve to say I exaggerate in my posts or am a super fan troll.

I'm just keeping it real.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#56FredSavage27Posted 5/4/2013 10:48:26 PM(edited)
knuxnole posted...
I can't think of one negative reaction to SNES censorship, at all.

Mortal Kombat has already come up in this thread.

PeteZaHutx posted...
Precisely,its the principle of the matter.If they really wanted to see Tharja bikini bottom they would just look online.The main issue here is we weren't given a choice to censor the scene if you wanted to or uncensored if you want to see it unedited.

For one thing they'd have to program an option, which would be way too much work when you consider it's for one scene in one DLC. People would be more confused by a setting that doesn't seem to do anything. If the issue at hand was the ESRB rating, an option wouldn't stop a game from getting the higher rating.
#57levyjl1988Posted 5/5/2013 12:14:29 AM
All these censorship things being done by Nintendo really hurts the mature gaming crowd. Kotaku just just blew Nintendo out of the water. Now millions of gamers now realize that Nintendo hasn't grown up yet. It's immature and not ready to get third parties on board to develop for their system.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#58Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 12:25:16 AM
I agree with TC.

It seems to me, that a decent amount of people within Nintendo need to grow up, their "protective parent" mentality does hurt the game.

Some censorship are understandable, and possibly forced by the NA boards or the ESRB (similar to what happens in manga censorship and the like)

However, when it's a petty scene it makes me really question why we can't learn to move on from censorship.

Censoring Mortal Kombat did nothing. It's like watching it uncensored turns you into a violent maniac who instantly goes out killing people which is a silly mentality that seems apparent within some of the top heads within Nintendo. (IE: Protective parent mentality)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#59PeteZaHutxPosted 5/5/2013 1:28:48 AM
FredSavage27 posted...
knuxnole posted...
I can't think of one negative reaction to SNES censorship, at all.

Mortal Kombat has already come up in this thread.

PeteZaHutx posted...
Precisely,its the principle of the matter.If they really wanted to see Tharja bikini bottom they would just look online.The main issue here is we weren't given a choice to censor the scene if you wanted to or uncensored if you want to see it unedited.

For one thing they'd have to program an option, which would be way too much work when you consider it's for one scene in one DLC. People would be more confused by a setting that doesn't seem to do anything. If the issue at hand was the ESRB rating, an option wouldn't stop a game from getting the higher rating.

True , what i had in mind was that the parental control option could revert the entire game back into its original dialogue and scenes so that it would be identical to the Japanese version.But the thing is they had the time to re animate the scene with her ass being censored , this couldn't possibly be too much?
#60Black_AssassinPosted 5/5/2013 1:37:23 AM
parKb5 posted...
It really is ridiculous that Nintendo feels that teens in NA can't handle a cartoon bikini. I guess you have to be over 18 before your first trip to the beach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i426pbQJZ_g
---
lowercase