ITT: Terms gamers use that are usually used wrong.

#51ItemBreakPosted 5/5/2013 10:38:45 AM
Tiael posted...
I see people using weaboo wrong

lol, what would you know? You can't even spell "weeaboo" correctly.
#52TiaelPosted 5/5/2013 10:46:13 AM
Considering I've seen it spelled both ways, not really.

And even if not, shows your level of class.

"Oh, you spelled it wrong! What do you know?"

Hey, if it helps you feel better, go for it.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III, Tales of Graces f, Soul Hackers
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#53nintendoggerPosted 5/5/2013 11:02:02 AM(edited)
I agree completely on "cheating". I've been accused of cheating for looking at in game maps before. The game gives you them for a reason, I shouldn't suffer because you can't strategize. That's just dumb.

RPG: I really hate the whole "RPG = automatically good" stuff that goes on a lot. Just because something is in the RPG genre, doesn't make it any better than an "action adventure" game. It's obnoxious when people try to use the label to measure quality instead of actually basing it off of the gameplay.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning, Lego City: Undercover and The Legend of the River King.
#54n00bsaib0tPosted 5/5/2013 11:36:50 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Scam.

People use it in regards to DLC, but its rarely true. 9/10 times (including Capcom) it's to lower DLC prices for the consumer (thus increasing sales). The less hours that are put into development the less the development team is paid, the content on the disc lowers bandwidth fees, and those two things bring down the price needed to turn a profit. Compare SSF4AE to the SFxTK DLC. SSF4AE had more development time as the team was brought back, so 4 characters off disc (2gb) cost $15. SFxTK was done in one shot and 12 characters on disc (100kb) cost $20. 9/10 times the content wasn't removed, it was always going to be DLC.

So yeah, most people don't know what a scam is.

False.
On-disc DLC is almost always completed content that they withhold from consumers at launch to re-sell them. Lower bandwidth fees has nothing to do with the fact that most of the content is paywalled from consumers. The lower bandwidth just happens to be Capcom double dipping. "Oh we can make an extra 33% of what the full game costs by not giving them the full experience AND not give any of that to our middle man? GENIUS."

Kids like you are the exact group I'm talking about. The content is made to be DLC, not content cut from a finished product. The 12 character DLC pack in SFxTK, for example, wouldn't exist if it wasn't DLC. It was never at any point in development part of the main game. You were never going to get it with your initial $60 purchase. At no point in time was there a 55 character base product.

It isn't hard to understand but people like you continually insist that it's withheld content but fact of the matter is that it isn't. The other option isn't including it for free, it's releasing the base product early and releasing the DLC as an actual download at an increased price later, like SSF4AE.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#55mahboiPosted 5/5/2013 11:45:02 AM
Next-Gen.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 59
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#56BluesMX90Posted 5/5/2013 12:05:54 PM
Hipster.
---
The Official SeeD Member of whatever FF Board
As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. ~ Squall
#57retrogamer28Posted 5/5/2013 12:07:50 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Scam.

To add to this, this is also criminally misused in MMOs.

"help i got scammed"

I never understood how scammed everyone gets in MMOs based on how everyone says it.

Like, especially with all the measures a game will have to prevent, yet it still happens. Also "hacked" thought "hacked" is also criminally misued on Social Networking.

No, someone picking up your phone while you put it down for a second is not "hacking". No, posting a status saying "You've been HACKED" is not hacking.

It's made me so mad seeing people do that I almost considered reporting their accounts for being hacked for the luls it's so often done.

Actually, gaining access to a website or account like that in anyway not intended by the creator is legally considered hacking, there was a famous hacker that just called the IT department or something and talked his way into getting passwords, and was charged with hacking as I remember.
---
Nintendo fans have the privilege of being able to saying a game is bad because the predecessor is better, not because the game is actually bad objectively.
#58Number_0nePosted 5/5/2013 12:07:50 PM
Wait...did no one mention AAA games yet? Impossible!
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#59QuagsireQingPosted 5/5/2013 12:10:24 PM
Many on this board have been confusing "localization" with "censorship" this weekend.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#60Knux58Posted 5/5/2013 12:10:33 PM
RPG, when referring the LoZ games.
---
GT/Steam: Knux57 || YouTube/Let's Play Channel: http://www.youtube.com/Knux57
SoulCalibur V Mains: 1)Aeon 2)Ezio 3)Cervantes 4)Algol 5)Yoshimitsu 6)Dampierre