So with all these digital sales lately...

#190sRetroGamingPosted 5/4/2013 3:19:47 PM
IF in the future Nintendo decided to put all (or most) of their 1st party retail games on the eShop on sale at 30%-50% off "for a limited time only" would you double dip to get them digitally for convience sake?.

I think i would for a few games like ACNL, NSMB2, Crosswords Plus, Professor Layton and FE:A where alot of paid and free DLC (which is obviously stored on the SD card) is constaintly being thrown at you. i suppose rebuying games "like these" for $19.99-$27.99 wouldn't be a bad idea considering all the DLC involved, lol.

No poll involved just thoughts! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2zinformantPosted 5/4/2013 3:21:43 PM
Double dipping for convenience is silly if we're talking the same system. If I own a physical copy, why would I want a digital one, too? The only case this is really ever appropriate would be if the physical copy installs to the system functioning as a digital copy since the disc is no longer needed after the first time (PS3 game I'm playing now did this).
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#3so64Posted 5/4/2013 3:23:19 PM
I'm not really a fan of double dipping to be honest. It would have to be quite a significant sale to get me to double dip.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#4Lord_FroodPosted 5/4/2013 3:28:30 PM
Nope. If I miss out on a sale, I miss out on a sale.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#5crimsonclaw111Posted 5/4/2013 3:40:34 PM
I wouldn't double dip. I would possibly grab what I haven't picked up yet, but that's highly unlikely given the lack of an account system on eShop.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#6abbyhitterPosted 5/4/2013 3:45:34 PM
If the sale was for Pokémon X/Y (a game that I would never sell and want to play all the time), I would consider going digital only on that particular game.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!