Why is the 3DS internet app so bad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why is the 3DS internet app so bad?

User Info: Finale_Wanderer

Finale_Wanderer
3 years ago#1
It can't go to Miiverse...
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger (DS), Super Mario RPG (VC), Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL (PSP)

User Info: ZeroArchery

ZeroArchery
3 years ago#2
The browser version of Miiverse was built for Mobile Phones and PC.

3DS is getting its own Miiverse app later, so I don't see a reason for it to work on the Browser.

On a side note, the Internet Browser works great for me for the purposes I need it for.
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua

User Info: abbyhitter

abbyhitter
3 years ago#3
The only reason the 3DS browser should be used at all is to pause a game when you're stuck, check GameFAQs to see how to beat it, and then resume playing.
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!

User Info: Kurizaka

Kurizaka
3 years ago#4
Sorry, but I don't see why it not accessing Miiverse makes the app bad. 3DS will get it's own Miiverse later.

User Info: Kurizaka

Kurizaka
3 years ago#5
abbyhitter posted...
The only reason the 3DS browser should be used at all is to pause a game when you're stuck, check GameFAQs to see how to beat it, and then resume playing.

Haha, this is exactly what I use it for!

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
3 years ago#6
3DS's doesn't have much RAM, and only dedicates a tiny amount of it to the browser, that's why.

That's also why it's a generally terrible browser. It's really only marginally better than PSP's crappy 2004 browser.
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.

User Info: Akira1256

Akira1256
3 years ago#7
I'd wonder if it wouldn't have a problem with loading all of the images on a standard Miiverse page.

But, it does look like the 3DS browser's UserAgent string is indeed what the site's using to block the 3DS browser. I changed my Firefox UserAgent string to that of the 3DS ("Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo 3DS; U; ; en) Version/1.7498.US"), and the Miiverse site blocked it.
Currently ignoring: Real Life

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
3 years ago#8
Because Nintendo

/thread
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
3 years ago#9
TiamatKiller posted...
Because Nintendo

/thread
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
3 years ago#10
That moment when the Vita can access Miiverse before the 3DS XD
Black 2 FC: 2237-6383-5599 (I am well aware the 3DS is region locked)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why is the 3DS internet app so bad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived