You guys need to understand the censorship isn't all nintendo's fault.

#1king_darksPosted 5/4/2013 4:53:06 PM
Age ratings are for all intents and purposes are ****ing useless. No one pays attention to them except for the minority of the population and even then it is almost unheard of for a parent to do research on the games they purchase for their kids. The knee-jerk reaction to GTA-san andreas is the perfect example of how completely ignorant society is to the products they purchase and distribute to their children. The game even had to be effectively black-listed because of the discovery of "Hot-coffee" even though it was

1.Not even accesible without hacking or serious glitching

2.Perfectly acceptable for the demographic listed on the box.

Another important fact compunding this issue is the sheer stupidity that the american public can be capable of. While I can't speak on europe's behalf I'm pretty sure veteran posters remember well the incident in which a small town started trashing video-games in response to the sandyhooks shooting despite the fact that all research shows that AT-MOST A person may become slighty more agitated after playing. The american public can be pretty volatile, unreasonable and irresponsible on issues surrounding video games as they aren't paying attention to what their children are even playing and are just assuming that it is age appropriate and considering that one of nintendo gimmicks is being family friendly which actually help avoid lawsuits in the early days of gaming in the 1980s it isn't surprising that they are taking precautionary measures to avoid a difficult Pr situation. I'm sure some of us are surprised that some conversations even made it through the process of being censored untouched here in the first place.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#2Archer_YoshiPosted 5/4/2013 4:55:08 PM
I wasn't keeping up. What was the hot-coffee thing?
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#3king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 4:57:20 PM
Archer_Yoshi posted...

Sex scenes in gta where CJ was fully clothed but the girl was naked with clothes littered around. Nothing was shown by movement and moaning.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#4so64Posted 5/4/2013 5:00:39 PM
Archer_Yoshi posted...

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was the game hot coffee was in. It was a mini-game that simulated sex with CJ's girlfriend I believe. The option to play the mini-game was taken out of the final release, but the mini-game remained intact. Hackers managed to get the mini-game option unlocked, which led to a firestorm across America for a few months and forced Rockstar to release a version 1.1 or else GTA:SA would be raised to the AO rating, which would be financially catastrophic for the game.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#5ceedofevilPosted 5/4/2013 5:04:43 PM
I blame christian and catholic mothers.
---
An apology for the devil: It must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.
-George Herbert
#6confettistormPosted 5/4/2013 5:26:29 PM
Why
are
we
still
talking
about
this...

The people on the FE:A board aren't even talking about this anymore. Probably because they are busy playing it.
#7KAMMYqueenPosted 5/4/2013 5:33:04 PM
who care who censorship it?
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!