People still don't get it

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 5/4/2013 7:52:15 PM
Oh wow, 3 topics in one day. Why? because people don't listen. Apparently, the censorship of Tharja is awful and censorship in general is awful and shouldn't exist because I don't want it to. Look, here is something you may not know. Whether it be Network TV or cable, unless you are HBO, Starz, or SHOtime, TV shows are going to get censored in some way shape or form all the time. Family Guy's FOX airings get get censored, and NOBODY complains about that. Even the Cartoon Network airings of Funimation's One Piece were censored a little, and nobody complained nearly as much as they did with the 4kids version. In fact, the CN broadcast of Funi Piece had some silly edits, like removing Sanji's cigarette all together so it just looks like he's just grinning all the time, when they could've easily changed it to a toothpick. But did that warrant 10 thread about the same topic? Of course not. Sometimes, censorship can be nonsensical and silly, but if it's not affecting the quality severely, then there should be no complaining. I really did NOT want to do another topic on this. And I should not see another topic after this. I apologize if I may be adding more fuel to the flame. But, people need be told this. So people, how about we move on with our lives, get over it, and continue to enjoy the game. I am done with this subject after this.
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#2Abiz_Posted 5/4/2013 7:56:09 PM(edited)
I see more anti-anti-censorship topics then anti-censorship topics. Aren't you the guy that posted a big part of FE Storyline spoiler because you are immature and can't accept other peoples opinions and can't discuss your opinion without shoving it down peoples throats.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#3Furikuri_flclPosted 5/4/2013 8:01:07 PM(edited)
And you still don't get that you and anyone who thinks any type of censorship in any form is "OK" is either a mindless automaton that is under the complete control of those who want it or are someone who is trying to perpetuate this control, which makes you a corrupt, power hungry, and one of the bad guys.

Discussion and acknowledgement should never be downplayed no matter the issue. To ignore or downplay only promotes ignorance.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#4so64Posted 5/4/2013 8:02:45 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
And you still don't get that you and anyone who thinks any type of censorship in any form is "OK" is either a mindless automaton that is under the complete control of those who want it or are someone who is trying to perpetuate this control, which makes you a corrupt, power hungry, and one of the bad guys.

Discussion and acknowledgement should never be downplayed no matter the issue. To ignore or downplay only promotes ignorance.

And to exaggerate or play up an issue can only lead to problems in and of itself.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#5Furikuri_flclPosted 5/4/2013 8:05:55 PM
so64 posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

And to exaggerate or play up an issue can only lead to problems in and of itself.

Censorship is not something that can be played up. It goes against the basis of all individual human rights.

It is as serious as it gets.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#6TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 8:06:05 PM
Abiz_ posted...
I see more anti-anti-censorship topics then anti-censorship topics. Aren't you the guy that posted a big part of FE Storyline spoiler because you are immature and can't accept other peoples opinions and can't discuss your opinion without shoving it down peoples throats.

I didn't know how to cover spoilers then, And I'm sorry I came off as immature. I wasn't trying to shove my opinion down peoples throats, but rather, I was trying to say was that it shouldn't described as this abomination that makes the game worse. If you didn't like the edit, that's fine. But it should affect your enjoyment of the game. It should have been treated like "something I don't like, but I'm willing to move on" rather than "something I don't like so I won't play the game anymore" Again, I'm sorry if I'm comming off as an internet tool.
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#7KurizakaPosted 5/4/2013 8:10:06 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
Abiz_ posted...

I didn't know how to cover spoilers then, And I'm sorry I came off as immature. I wasn't trying to shove my opinion down peoples throats, but rather, I was trying to say was that it shouldn't described as this abomination that makes the game worse. If you didn't like the edit, that's fine. But it should affect your enjoyment of the game. It should have been treated like "something I don't like, but I'm willing to move on" rather than "something I don't like so I won't play the game anymore" Again, I'm sorry if I'm comming off as an internet tool.

Now THAT I can agree with. Anyone who stops playing this game over the censored image is being downright silly.
#8EndgamePosted 5/4/2013 8:10:31 PM
you know what's funny?

this board is making a bigger deal out of it than the Awakening board
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9UponADarkThornePosted 5/4/2013 8:11:49 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...

Or... They don't see one video game company choosing to edit certain content in the localization process as important in the grand scheme of things. Nintendo owns Fire Emblem and its their right to do what they want with it, even if I don't agree with it - not to mention that it's a pointless bit of fan service and there are far more important things in this world to protest that a ****ing video game; I'd wager half the people hear that are complaining about this "censorship" don't give a **** about Bradley Manning.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#10Abiz_Posted 5/4/2013 8:15:56 PM
Yeah, if anyone actually stopped playing their 40 dollar game because of censorship of optional dlc is goofy to me imo. I'm very anti-censorship and understand where some of the people coming from on that issue but protest just by ignoring the dlc. Voice your opinion to Nintendo also if you can.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior