People still don't get it

#31UponADarkThornePosted 5/5/2013 12:43:10 AM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
UponADarkThorne posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
I seriously can't believe how much people are overreacting over this, lol. It's pathetic.

See ya next SOPA.

A company changing their own IP =/= large scale censorship.

Han shot first. Lucas decided that made him less heroic than he wanted. He changed it.

This is no damn different. Stop acting like it is.

Another one who fails to view the first step. People like you are the reason things like SOPA even get thought of.

Gotta nip it in the bud before it grows.

Really? People like me, huh?

For the record, I'm very much opposed to censorship. At the same time, there's enough bull**** in this world that I'm not going to waste my time and energy getting up in arms over Tharjagate when there's real injustice and oppression in this world.

I care more about Bradley Manning, who spent almost three years in prison before trail and may spend life in prison because he leaked his government's dirty laundry.

I care more about banks stealing people's homes, sending families into the streets in the winter.

I care more about the fact that the American government's drone attacks which leave many innocent people dead.

There's a lot of bad **** in this world all more important than this and the fact that you're acting like this some great travesty suggest you're either a troll or have some completely **** up priorities.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#32Furikuri_flclPosted 5/5/2013 1:00:08 AM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
I seriously can't believe how much people are overreacting over this, lol. It's pathetic.

See ya next SOPA.

A company changing their own IP =/= large scale censorship.

Han shot first. Lucas decided that made him less heroic than he wanted. He changed it.

This is no damn different. Stop acting like it is.

Another one who fails to view the first step. People like you are the reason things like SOPA even get thought of.

Gotta nip it in the bud before it grows.

Really? People like me, huh?

For the record, I'm very much opposed to censorship. At the same time, there's enough bull**** in this world that I'm not going to waste my time and energy getting up in arms over Tharjagate when there's real injustice and oppression in this world.

I care more about Bradley Manning, who spent almost three years in prison before trail and may spend life in prison because he leaked his government's dirty laundry.

I care more about banks stealing people's homes, sending families into the streets in the winter.

I care more about the fact that the American government's drone attacks which leave many innocent people dead.

There's a lot of bad **** in this world all more important than this and the fact that you're acting like this some great travesty suggest you're either a troll or have some completely **** up priorities.

Nope, just not 'merican.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#33ss4gogeta_darkPosted 5/5/2013 1:00:37 AM
Tharj just got too much badonkadonk for us murikans to handle. Its better this way.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#34arthur8642Posted 5/5/2013 9:26:35 AM(edited)
Furikuri_flcl posted...

Censorship is not something that can be played up. It goes against the basis of all individual human rights.

It is as serious as it gets.

I'm sorry, what? A tiny amount of censorship in a video game is as serious as it gets?

We have war possibly breaking out in the middle east and Korea, a dictator possibly using chemical weapons against his own populous, a national depression that isn't improving much, global climate change that is starting to really mess with the weather, drug wars in Mexico, and an aging population in the US that might leave no Social Security for younger generations.

On the censorship front; look at North Korea. They've managed to censor the entire internet.
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'