Why aren't people excited about the Dragon Quest VII remake?

#11ecco6t9Posted 5/4/2013 10:46:03 PM
Expect Nintendo to handle the translation.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#12badboyPosted 5/4/2013 10:59:33 PM
I am, but what can we do? They'll release it whenever they feel like it, petitions and begging are pointless.
#13Lightning_fanPosted 5/4/2013 11:05:20 PM
Because Dragon's Quest is more popular in Japan than it is here.
#14SigmaHacielPosted 5/4/2013 11:09:16 PM
Because not everyone has their lives come to a complete stop for DQ.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#15XylvanianPosted 5/4/2013 11:33:47 PM
Is just that there are so many RPGs coming and so many not coming, i don't have the time to play them all. Though a localization would be cool.
---
"I am the bone of my sword, steel is my body and fire is my blood" -Archer
#16darkus_fPosted 5/5/2013 12:41:41 AM
No EU release date? No hype.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Mark
#17Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/5/2013 1:06:43 AM(edited)
UponADarkThorne posted...
Since it's not been announced for localization yet.

Also, because Shin Megami Tensei IV is coming out.

Sadly Shin Megami Tensei is far from as popular as Dragon Quest so that statement doesn't hold much water.

Then again, TC fails to acknowledge that GF makes up less than 10% of the total gaming population, so just because it's not huge here doesn't mean it isn't everywhere else or among a large sum of game fans.

Edit: Don't get me wrong UponADarkThorne I like Shin Megami Tensei, and the close follow up series Persona. but... I'm just saying.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#18Guest1007Posted 5/5/2013 8:31:34 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
Because not everyone has their lives come to a complete stop for DQ.

But some of us do! Never fear, there are those who are eagerly awaiting this title!
---
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
#19SlimeStackPosted 5/5/2013 8:32:42 AM
Why be excited for something that's not coming for a long time? There are lots of other great (non-remake) games coming in 2013.
---
Moo
#20TiaelPosted 5/5/2013 8:35:16 AM(edited)
Original DQVII is my favorite game of all time, but nothing has been announced yet for NA/EU, though I expect it will be.
I'm also one who likes the changes in the remake, no random battles included since I thought that part in IX was great, and the monster park/immigrant town additions/changes.

And love the new localizations, as I think they add a plethora of charm and quirk to the series, so DQVII with Plus Alpha (who did DQVIII, IV, V and IX) or 8-4 (who did DQVI) is perfect.

Regardless, I've got plenty to be excited about for the rest of 2013, when we hear news of DQVII overseas and the release date gets closer, I'll be more excited for it.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III, Tales of Graces f, Soul Hackers
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.