Why aren't people excited about the Dragon Quest VII remake?

#31MottmanPosted 5/5/2013 10:09:35 AM
Xxerran posted...
Nothing to be excited about till it's announced.

---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#32deimos91Posted 5/5/2013 11:19:07 AM
rstewart00 posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
Nobody seems to care that it hasn't been announced for NA.

well said, myabe that guy will not be lazy and actually post those topics on the dq7 board where it belongs instead of here, those people are the worst...

how is that lazy there is more of a population here like every game before localization it announced you seem to be being a jerk
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#33deimos91Posted 5/5/2013 11:21:50 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Ghetsis posted...
I already beat the game on PS1. It's absolutely fantastic, my all-time favorite game. I really doubt that the remake can top it. Especially if it's removing random battles.

I don't really care if the remake is localized or not. I'm not gonna look forward to a new localization changing all of the names of everyone and everything to stupid puns.

I dont know about you, but that is fantastic that they are removing random battles. I like being able to choose when and where I fight

i know who he is he is the guy on the SE forums who raids every topic about dq7 being localized saying he wont get it because there is no random battles
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#34DavCubePosted 5/5/2013 5:37:52 PM
Because it's been out in Japan for quite a while already, we know pretty much all there is to know about it. Localization is pretty much the only thing to hype about it anymore.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#35Joe73ffdqPosted 5/9/2013 10:08:08 AM
I like the visible encounters. It lets me grind faster when neccesary, and avoid battles when I choose. 9 started a good trend, and now we will get this game looking as good as 8.

Also, this is just as appropriate a board to discuss this game as well as the DQ7 board.

I personally think this game is in the top 10 most eagerly anticipated games for this system, and a lot of that has to do with taking an already stellar game and giving it a much needed facelift.

5 has the best story, and other than that this is the best in the series. Cant wait
#36GhetsisPosted 5/9/2013 10:18:42 AM(edited)
deimos91 posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
Ghetsis posted...
I already beat the game on PS1. It's absolutely fantastic, my all-time favorite game. I really doubt that the remake can top it. Especially if it's removing random battles.

I don't really care if the remake is localized or not. I'm not gonna look forward to a new localization changing all of the names of everyone and everything to stupid puns.

I dont know about you, but that is fantastic that they are removing random battles. I like being able to choose when and where I fight

i know who he is he is the guy on the SE forums who raids every topic about dq7 being localized saying he wont get it because there is no random battles

The hell are you talking about? I don't even have an account on the SE forums.

I just like random battles more than visible encounters. It's not very challenging if you can just walk past every enemy to get to the boss asap.

And you can battle as much as you want anyway once you get the Whistle skill. Tiptoe also drastically reduces the encounter rate. I think the whole system is perfect as it is, at least in this game.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?