does nintendo have competition with sony like they used to?

#11Tzuba12Posted 5/5/2013 3:23:34 AM
its_matt posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
its_matt posted...
Not sure about Sony as a whole because they are massive (although apparently loss making) but the Playstation brand is currently the best selling home console in Japan and the sales figures I just looked at show that the Vita is shifting more units than the WiiU. 3ds is the biggest seller over there though Nintendo is still the king of dedicated hand held console gaming.

Actually the 3ds alone is outselling vita, ps3 and psp combined.

And given Vita is outselling WiiU, what does that tell you?

Only in Japan. In the west, the WiiU is selling twice as much as the Vita, at around 60000 a month, with the Vita doing 30000 a month.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#12AllaudeenPosted 5/5/2013 3:46:34 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
its_matt posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
its_matt posted...
Not sure about Sony as a whole because they are massive (although apparently loss making) but the Playstation brand is currently the best selling home console in Japan and the sales figures I just looked at show that the Vita is shifting more units than the WiiU. 3ds is the biggest seller over there though Nintendo is still the king of dedicated hand held console gaming.

Only in Japan. In the west, the WiiU is selling twice as much as the Vita, at around 60000 a month, with the Vita doing 30000 a month.

that may be good news
could you please cite sources?
---
Need a signature :)
#13kukingina2Posted 5/5/2013 4:01:05 AM(edited)
I disagree with this even if I like nintendo better,

there has been pretty good games incoming lately on the PS3 I mean cmon 2 new metal gear games, GTA 5, Watch dogs, RE Revelations, Call of duty ghosts?

also we just had the new tomb raider, far cry 3 etc.

yes I know multisystem games but still im pretty sure the playstation brand is still pretty relevant

I know Vita is failing hard atm but so is the Wii U

also I see Sony VAIO's everywhere
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#14PHEEliNUXPosted 5/5/2013 4:12:39 AM
Can't say tbh, In where i live, Barely anyone likes or knows Nintendo, Everyone is all over Sony, The competition with Sony isn't like before, But they still compete with each other
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#15ServantOfErieosPosted 5/5/2013 4:14:34 AM
Allaudeen posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
its_matt posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
its_matt posted...

that may be good news
could you please cite sources?

He won't, tzuba is a troll.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#16Mattatron42Posted 5/5/2013 5:20:24 AM
I think the vita has a chance to gain some momentum in the west if they follow suit with japan. Price cut and some more high profile games. As for ps4 against 720 and wii u, we won't have a real idea until a couple years. I hope they come out of the gate a little faster than nintendo this gen, especially because nintendos big games should be coming around the ps4 launch.

I personally would like to see all three be fairly successful.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#17SamA7XPosted 5/5/2013 5:37:36 AM
I can understand low Wii U sales, thats Nintendo's fault for not holding the console back for more games to be developed, but I think that when more 1st party titles are released towards Christmas the Wii U might start selling, but I think it might be too late since most people have already deemed the Wii U as a failure that should be swept under the rug.
#18ACx7Posted 5/5/2013 5:59:01 AM
No competition in the handheld market. Probably going to be in the console market. The Wii-U isn't doing that great right now. Guess we'll see later this year when the PS4 launches and the Wii-U gets some better games.

Sony isn't really the best at anything any more. But they produce pretty much every form of electronic device that we use in our daily lives. One thing most of their competitors don't do. So they'll never be a "ghost".
#19SamA7XPosted 5/5/2013 6:02:34 AM
I heard it was their other electrical products that are causing most of thier losses.
#20Rurouni720Posted 5/5/2013 6:04:55 AM
SamA7X posted...
I can understand low Wii U sales, thats Nintendo's fault for not holding the console back for more games to be developed, but I think that when more 1st party titles are released towards Christmas the Wii U might start selling, but I think it might be too late since most people have already deemed the Wii U as a failure that should be swept under the rug.

Those people said the same thing with 3DS, and yet after the holidays it sprung back up in sales.