So what exactly is Animal Crossing like?

#1Mandrew257Posted 5/4/2013 9:34:37 PM
Thinking of getting it for 3ds and later for gamecube . Havent played any of the earlier games. Is it any good?
#2SalogyPosted 5/4/2013 9:54:09 PM
Yes it is good. It is really a sim/item collection game. The first one came out on the n64 in Japan. I probably wouldn't go play the GC version if I had ACNL. I have all the english versions and don't play them all at once. The GC version is probably worth picking up if you want to play the NES games that are included on that version. A few of the games are unobtainable without an AR or code disc but the games included are classics.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#3GhetsisPosted 5/4/2013 9:57:51 PM
It's a pretty simple game, but it's charming and addictive.

Basically, you move into a town, and you pretty much just live life. The game runs on a real-time clock, so certain events/shops are only available at certain times. You can pretty much do whatever you want to. You have a house, which you can fill up with furniture. You're expected to build relationships and run errands for NPC villagers, and they often give you something in return. You can also fish or catch bugs, then either sell them or donate them to the museum.

It doesn't sound very fun, I know, but for some reason, it is. I spent hundreds of hours on the GameCube game.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?