Does the 3ds suffer from any common physical defects or problems?

#11SkittyOnWailordPosted 5/5/2013 6:25:39 AM
wild09 posted...
That's it? No faulty buttons? Nothing cracking? Wow that's pretty good. After paying for repairs twice on my DS lite and having the hinge just break on me a few days ago I was really getting sick of my DS lite problems. If the system's as solid as you guys say then I'm sold, if for nothing more than a replacement for my DS lite. Thanks a lot.

I've had two DS lites (one since launch and another a year later) and the only problems they ever had was the launch one's right speaker never worked. Other than that they've been perfect. You must have just been unlucky.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#12supremeblasterPosted 5/5/2013 6:33:30 AM
My 3DS' LCD cracked because it had too much weight put on it, but otherwise, nothing's really wrong that could be counted as a manufacturer's defect. It's even been dropped about 3 times now from about a height of 5-6 feet, and nothing happened to it.
#13arthur8642Posted 5/5/2013 7:41:30 AM
I did manage to wear out the L and R buttons after about a year.

But Nintendo fixed it for free, in less than a week!
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'
#14Lord_FroodPosted 5/5/2013 8:15:09 AM
it sufers from censership
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#15wild09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:41:51 AM(edited)
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm gonna bump it one more time for the sake of consistency.
---
Awesome games I've never finished: Vampire:
The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Black Sigil, Nier (all endings besides A)
#16wrightOBJECTIONPosted 5/5/2013 9:26:15 AM
Just buy an XL, I've heard they're a lot better quality.
My launch 3DS has crappy triggers and permanent lines in the top screen.
#17IcewitchPosted 5/5/2013 9:40:08 AM
The shoulder buttons on the launch 3DS are awful
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#18UFOLochePosted 5/5/2013 9:51:00 AM
Icewitch posted...

Lolwut? Explain. I know some people have gotten bad buttons, but, in my experience, the shoulder buttons have been great.

Well, the screen scratching issue is definitely a problem, however, almost any small cleaning cloth(I use one designed for the PSP) can easily protect your screens if you don't have a screen protector.

And, trust me, DSLites definitely had something wrong with them, looking back on it. My blue DSLite had some very weak internal parts which means it eventually ended up not turning on.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#19IcewitchPosted 5/5/2013 10:06:32 AM
UFOLoche posted...
Lolwut? Explain. I know some people have gotten bad buttons, but, in my experience, the shoulder buttons have been great.

They're too small, and meant more to be clicked once than held down for long periods of play

Play a game like MH3U or Kid Icarus where you need to hold down L or R for 75% of your playtime and you'll see why they're garbage
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#20LightHawKnightPosted 5/5/2013 10:15:28 AM
UFOLoche posted...
Icewitch posted...

Well, the screen scratching issue is definitely a problem, however, almost any small cleaning cloth(I use one designed for the PSP) can easily protect your screens if you don't have a screen protector.

And, trust me, DSLites definitely had something wrong with them, looking back on it. My blue DSLite had some very weak internal parts which means it eventually ended up not turning on.

Eh? My black DS Lite works even now. Nothing wrong with it at all. Cept that sometimes I have to blow in the left should button to make it work, but that is rare.

Also the screen scratching issue is mostly gone, since they did raise the bumper things on the new 3DSes, well at least my FE 3DS has raised bumpers.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."