Nintendo censorship is nothing new. See the Zelda series

#11ZeroArcheryPosted 5/5/2013 9:04:34 AM
neonick posted...
MrKunio posted...
The original Zelda for nes had blood, but they censored it.

jk

Ocarina of Time originally had Ganon coughing up blood after the first battle with him, but changed it later on to green vomit in later versions.

There's still a lot of controvercy with the edits in later games, since most of them happened before the games was even officially released to the public.

Wonder what they thought about with all the changes?
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#12Baha05Posted 5/5/2013 9:11:32 AM
Censorship in general is nothing new
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#13strongo9Posted 5/5/2013 9:13:12 AM
Religious undertones have been censored in Zelda and Castlevania games for the longest time. It's just a big deal this time because some weeaboos didn't get to see a static image of one character's ass.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#14UltimateKaibaPosted 5/5/2013 9:13:45 AM
jose_ole1 posted...
MATADOR480 posted...
My uncle's ex girlfriend's cousin who knew somebody that was the nephew of another guy in Japan told me that Super Mario Bros for the NES had blood when Mario would step on Goomba's. Also they would yell painfully when touched by fireballs but Nintendo deemed it too violent so they censored it. I have the last remaining uncensored copy. True story.

Too legit.

To quit
---
"As much as I hate getting involved, I hate owing someone a favor even more"-Seto Kaiba
PSN/XBL- Setobakura
#15evilvergilPosted 5/5/2013 9:23:14 AM
The original Link to the past had some form of censorship, such as the name change from the original title(Triforce of the gods) to A Link To The Past due to Nintendo's strict religious policies back then. Agahnim was originally a priest sent by the gods but was changed to a wizard for the same reasons, and the Hylian language contained Ankhs that were removed for the same reason. But im sure you all knew this by now.

Also in the Japanese version of the Megaman Zero games, the enemies would gush blood after attacking them, but all traces of blood were removed from the international releases.
---
Now playing:P4A,FE:A, Tales of Xillia 2, SfxT
#16evilvergilPosted 5/5/2013 9:36:39 AM
strongo9 posted...
Religious undertones have been censored in Zelda and Castlevania games for the longest time. It's just a big deal this time because some weeaboos didn't get to see a static image of one character's ass.

^This too.

But to be fair, some people arent upset because of Tharja's booty(though some people are), but because of the fact that something was censored in general. Alot of people(myself included) despise censorship in any shape or form, whether it be in any form of media. so in a way its kind of a legimate complaint, especially since the censorship from the image in question was not needed at all because for one its a T-rated game and i doubt many children would even be interested in FE to begin with. Second they unintentionally made the image even more racier than before, and third the fact that they censored Tharja's bikini but left the image of Cordelia's top falling off completely untouched doesnt make sense.

tldr;Censorship in general is a legimate reason to be upset but i agree that people are making way too big a deal about the issue.
---
Now playing:P4A,FE:A, Tales of Xillia 2, SfxT
#17ObtuseAnginaPosted 5/5/2013 10:52:33 AM
Fun Fact: the removal of the fire temple chants had nothing to do with censorship, they were removed because they used a stock sound effect Nintendo didnt make and weren't sure they could use it.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#18Banjo2553Posted 5/5/2013 1:23:16 PM
They probably just gave Link pants in Skyward Sword so they could make them flap in the wind while skydiving.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#19MATADOR480Posted 5/5/2013 9:14:40 PM
UltimateKaiba posted...
jose_ole1 posted...
MATADOR480 posted...
My uncle's ex girlfriend's cousin who knew somebody that was the nephew of another guy in Japan told me that Super Mario Bros for the NES had blood when Mario would step on Goomba's. Also they would yell painfully when touched by fireballs but Nintendo deemed it too violent so they censored it. I have the last remaining uncensored copy. True story.

Too legit.

To quit

Hey! Hey!
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#20geoffreyAXPosted 5/5/2013 9:17:28 PM
I liked how in Melee Peach and Zeldas skirts blew up on the Ice Climbers stage, but then they had on grannies panties.