Why does Mario kill Goombas.

#1Human-BeanPosted 5/5/2013 7:26:51 AM
If Mario is the protagonist why does he need to kill the Goombas. Why can't he show empathy. He should try to understand the position they are in instead of destroying the lives of the families who had a member squished by this notorious criminal; he takes a gold coin from his victims to further himself and, perpetuate terror. There are hundreds floating around that do not seem to have an owner; are they not enough for this evil bean.
---
Potatoes have skin and, we have skin. Therefore we are potatoes.
#2Starwars4JPosted 5/5/2013 7:28:51 AM
He can show empathy, it's of course entirely up to the player. This is the complex morality system in Mario, much more subtle than in other, newer games. You can go the entire playthrough without killing a single Goomba or Koopa. The fact that you chose not to take that route speaks about you, not Mario.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3MobileWarfarePosted 5/5/2013 7:35:05 AM
Mario does this because they work for Bowser, the Evil, fire breathing turtle thing. Mario shows no empathy for criminals. I'm also sure that they work for Bowser because when you walk by a Goomba, they also go out of their way to attack you.
---
Psn-MobilizedWarfare FC-1332-7732-7401
#4Jakerific44Posted 5/5/2013 7:37:18 AM
MobileWarfare posted...
Mario does this because they work for Bowser, the Evil, fire breathing turtle thing. Mario shows no empathy for criminals. I'm also sure that they work for Bowser because when you walk by a Goomba, they also go out of their way to attack you.

Only in 3D Mario Platformers.
---
My Anime List:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Jakerific
#5megamanx1291Posted 5/5/2013 7:43:05 AM(edited)
Because goombas are cursed mushrooms. Putting those things out of their misery is kind of fun And satisfying, and you won't get arrested! Koopa's however are weak willed creatures... weak creatures that don't stand for their righs. So I simply kill those things too. That one koopa from mario kart 7 however, is my exception.
---
There is a 0% chance of this happening.
3DS Fc: 0087-2393-7303
#6NookytinsPosted 5/5/2013 7:39:39 AM
Jakerific44 posted...
MobileWarfare posted...

Only in 3D Mario Platformers.

Your point?
---
Me - 2 Mds. - 0
#7KeleenRemPosted 5/5/2013 7:43:42 AM
But what if you kill Goombella!
#8Genericgamer667Posted 5/5/2013 7:44:51 AM
KeleenRem posted...
But what if you kill Goombella!

soon a mario version of the sorrow will punish you
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#9toadiemanPosted 5/5/2013 7:45:38 AM
And the TURTLES! Won't anyone think of THE TURTLES!
#10XxerranPosted 5/5/2013 8:20:07 AM
Maybe they continuously regenerate, stomp and reappear and continue to do Bowser's bidding.
---
Currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening & Luigi's Mansion & Devil Summoner Soul Hackers
FC 5327 - 1431 - 0630 Add me