There is a very VALID reason why Mario Kart has the blue Shell

#31VyersPosted 5/5/2013 2:56:12 PM
The problem is that it's not unbalanced. You are given every opportunity to succeed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#32Rixgear(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 3:09:35 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
I too play Sonic and Sega Racing All-Stars Transformed (the PC version), and I don't notice any disadvantage with the lack of the Blue Shell. Even if first place keeps avoiding the bees, I have yet to see first place breaking away from the pack. The only difference I see is that first place doesn't suddenly end up last with miles to catch up on.

So, I have actually seen that there is NO valid reason for the Blue Shell.

No I am referring to the FIRST Sega All stars racing, not the Transformed sequel which has been stated in this topic that the problem has been fixed because of the swarm item you just mentioned.
---
Proud owner of all consoles. Nintendo ID- Ragebit, Steam- Rixgear
PSN- OneLibra, Gamertag- Ragebit, 3DSFC- 2793-0608-4349
#33SMASHKING84Posted 5/5/2013 3:11:45 PM
no it makes the game unballanced even more,imo.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb4JNr-WNJk alttp
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#34SSJ2__GohanPosted 5/5/2013 3:23:22 PM
Rixgear posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
I too play Sonic and Sega Racing All-Stars Transformed (the PC version), and I don't notice any disadvantage with the lack of the Blue Shell. Even if first place keeps avoiding the bees, I have yet to see first place breaking away from the pack. The only difference I see is that first place doesn't suddenly end up last with miles to catch up on.

No I am referring to the FIRST Sega All stars racing, not the Transformed sequel which has been stated in this topic that the problem has been fixed because of the swarm item you just mentioned.

Ah, didn't see that then. But anyway, almost everyone I see evades the swarm with ease (heck, since the very first time I started playing, when I still had trouble with the controls, I've been hit 0 times: it's really easy to evade). So, it's not the swarm that prevents first player from breaking from the pact.
#35LonelyGoombaPosted 5/5/2013 4:34:20 PM
play transformed

it has a blue shell type item, however you can dodge it if you're skilled enough, and it isn't a completely game changer
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#36Rixgear(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:34:47 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
Rixgear posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

Ah, didn't see that then. But anyway, almost everyone I see evades the swarm with ease (heck, since the very first time I started playing, when I still had trouble with the controls, I've been hit 0 times: it's really easy to evade). So, it's not the swarm that prevents first player from breaking from the pact.

Are you suggesting it should be more difficult or unavoidable like the blue shell? The only point I was making is that the blue shell has a valid reason for existing, but it is also clear that it should be executed differently in future games.
---
Proud owner of all consoles. Nintendo ID- Ragebit, Steam- Rixgear
PSN- OneLibra, Gamertag- Ragebit, 3DSFC- 2793-0608-4349
#37HungoverHero777Posted 5/5/2013 4:37:00 PM
That's what Swarm is for. And you can actually avoid it, but ONLY if you have the skill.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#38knuxnolePosted 5/5/2013 4:44:20 PM
I love the Blue shell :P
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#39knuxnolePosted 5/5/2013 4:46:09 PM
Delirious_Beard posted...
Rixgear posted...
I forgot to add that yes 2nd place gets items to hit 1st place, but that doesnt matter when 3rd place is slowing them down and on top of them. Again, if you played Sega all star racing 1 you will see what I am talking about

And 1st place racers get the worst luck of the draw when it comes to items. Your logic is circular. That 3rd place racer could also be getting slowed down by the 4th place racer, and so on.

Makes sense though. If you are in 1st, you don't get good items. That's why some people who are close to each other brake to get behind to get better items haha
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#40GoldenJoe24Posted 5/5/2013 5:11:24 PM
Delirious_Beard posted...
Players should not be punished for performing well. That is the bottom line. And 2nd place racers get items to hit 1st placers too.

Obama disagrees!