There is a very VALID reason why Mario Kart has the blue Shell

#41MrSpacelySlatePosted 5/5/2013 8:05:20 PM
...So most of you kids don't realize that you can avoid the Blue Shell too, I see.
#42LonelyGoombaPosted 5/6/2013 5:15:07 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
...So most of you kids don't realize that you can avoid the Blue Shell too, I see.

well it's not exactly practical
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#43CurryfiendPosted 5/6/2013 7:57:34 AM
The longer someone stays in 1st place, the more bee swarms appear in their way. If they're good enough to keep 1st place even with lots and lots of bees covering the road then they damn well deserve 1st place. In Mario Kart however dodging blue shells depends entirely on luck, the thunder item is much better as a comeback tool.
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ~f00had
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#44Rixgear(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 9:31:18 AM
Curryfiend posted...
The longer someone stays in 1st place, the more bee swarms appear in their way. If they're good enough to keep 1st place even with lots and lots of bees covering the road then they damn well deserve 1st place. In Mario Kart however dodging blue shells depends entirely on luck, the thunder item is much better as a comeback tool.

Yeah the bee item is fine, I don't think anyone was complaining about that. However that item is only in Transformed, not the original.
---
Proud owner of all consoles. Nintendo ID- Ragebit, Steam- Rixgear
PSN- OneLibra, Gamertag- Ragebit, 3DSFC- 2793-0608-4349
#45hoonstaPosted 5/7/2013 9:48:31 AM
It's a valid reasoning. I think it really comes down to how often Blue Shells come out, though. If you're in the last place, the chance of getting a Blue Shell is way too high. I'm basing this off 64, by the way.
---
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD
#46RetroFanGirlPosted 5/7/2013 11:45:21 AM
Rixgear posted...
PechaBerry posted...
The blue shell casualized the game even before the game term casual existed.

I'm not sure you understand the point I am trying to make

That's probably because you're wrong.
---
Hi.
#47RayzerTagPosted 5/7/2013 12:19:11 PM
Blur didn't have a blue shell, and people ahead of the pack would usually stay there for the remainder of the race.

It was also 6 times as fun as any Mario Kart because it didn't have a blue shell.

Your argument is valid, but having a blue shell is more hurtful to the overall fun than not having it. The problem it creates is worse than the problem it solves.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#48CurryfiendPosted 5/7/2013 12:31:08 PM
Yeah the bee item is fine, I don't think anyone was complaining about that. However that item is only in Transformed, not the original.

Oh sorry I misread your post. Yeah the 1st game is unfair with items, the only hope you have of slowing down someone in 1st place is using that blue missile thing and detonating it if it's near the player but it's just a lot easier to hit someone closer to you. Blue shells in Mario Kart 64 were the best IMO, they hit everyone and didn't blow up the player in 1st so they wouldn't be punished just for being in first.
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ~f00had
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#49HiddenDoorwayPosted 5/7/2013 12:33:38 PM
The thing is, the people who have access to the blue shell aren't even really benefited by using it. Yeah, maybe the person in first got knocked back a few places, but if you're able to get a blue shell you are probably in 8th-6th place. It's essentially just an item to screw over the person who is doing good with rarely any benefit to the person who actually got the item.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4i8uuK8pT1qehcb3o1_500.png
#50omegaslash14Posted 5/7/2013 12:45:09 PM
Lighting does this, and actually benefits the user.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh