There is a very VALID reason why Mario Kart has the blue Shell

#61serenade_betaPosted 5/9/2013 5:50:40 PM
That terrifying sound...! That makes you want to frown...! When you hear it...!
Ding-ding-dingdingdingdingDONG!
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#62Rixgear(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 5:55:33 PM
serenade_beta posted...

What on earth are you talking about??
---
Proud owner of all consoles. Nintendo ID- Ragebit, Steam- Rixgear
PSN- OneLibra, Gamertag- Ragebit, 3DSFC- 2793-0608-4349
#63TakayaNorikoPosted 5/9/2013 6:56:06 PM
Rixgear posted...
serenade_beta posted...

What on earth are you talking about??

Ice cream truck?
---
I ate a bear once, you know.
#64Crazy_tank51Posted 5/9/2013 8:02:32 PM
I have 2 issues with blue shells.

The first is what everyone else stated; the positions it's gotten in don't benefit the person. Any position below 5th or maybe 6th (exception is MKW) aren't going to get any benefit out of it. By the time they catch the victim, they've recovered and are regaining speed. That's not benefiting them, that's just trolling first place.

The second is certain games (namely Wii and 7 despite being much more improved; it has different problems in bouncing you around and locking on too early) have it vastly overpowered. In DS and DD, you get hit with it, the lowest you'll fall back to is 5th or 6th (unless you get nailed in mid-jump), which is not that bad a punishment. Prior games have it as a red shell on roids. In MKW, the thing can potentially drop you 7 or 8 positions unless you're miles ahead...possibly last. It flat out brutally beats you for being in first. I'm sorry, but when being in second until the last second (or at least close enough to second to drop back when it's coming) is the best tactic in the game because it hates you for being good, that's not a fun game.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#65GenericName9Posted 5/9/2013 8:54:06 PM
I get what you are saying TC, I really do & that may very well even be Nintendos logic behind the Blue Shell even....if there is any besides just simple sadism.

It sounds plausible that it's there to keep 1st from getting too far and give "the pack" a fair chance....but it's still cheap. Like many others have said so far it does'nt benefit the one who uses it in any way at all. All it does is gives the person who uses it a chance to help make 2nd or 3rd become first. Also why so many Blue Shells allowed in one match? If the same guy got a Blue Shell 3 times in one race nothing would change FOR HIM, there would be quite a few front end changes but it never gives him a chance to advance.

The Blue Shell can slow the whole race down a few milliseconds while some in the main pack have to move to the side if they are center-road as to not get hit, even so the advantage is marginal. I did'nt mind the Blue Shell so much until the first time I got hit with it 3 times in one race followed by Lightning, that is not "balancing" to figure out who's winning and then screw them over, it's just cheap and stupid.

There is a counter for the Blue Shell, mushrooms(if your lucky to find or have them) the timing is tricky but it gets easy after a few times, but it's still no good if you get served multiples. My only other tactic against the Blue Shell is if I have no mushrooms I will start driving in reverse as soon as I hear it coming and go back into the pack so that if it hits me it also hits everyone else too.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#66d_sidePosted 5/9/2013 9:21:02 PM
Delirious_Beard posted...
Everyone 2-8 has the distinct advantage of having better item opportunity. Opportunity which the person in 1st place does not get. Potential game-changing items. A (MKW/DS) blue shell for the 7th place racer does absolutely nothing to help him. It just serves to screw the 1st place racer over while giving no position to the user. That is just chaos for the sake of chaos, like tripping in Brawl.

Hey, don't knock on the tripping mechanic in Brawl. I saved me from tabuu's Beam Attack in Boss Battle Very Hard Mode.
---
Enter Thy Darkside Of GameFaqs
http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaDside