Nintendo 3DS - REtro Gen?

#1BassGSXPosted 5/5/2013 11:15:09 PM(edited)
RE retro as in redo. Retro as in games from days past. Nintendo and companies have used this game platform to remake or at least enhance many of popular franchises's older installments into the series with a more modern reface. Some examples being...

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Tales of the Abyss
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 3D
- Rayman 3D
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
- Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden

That's just to name a few. There are also more retro titles coming at a later point in time or at least ports to more recent games. Do you prefer a platform with a format like this; where you play all your childhood favorites in a shade of how they would look under the present time technology or would you prefer totally new and refreshed content from these franchises?
#2AceMosPosted 5/5/2013 10:23:54 PM
half of those arnt nintendo franchises

1 isnt even a remake (link to the pst 3d is a sequel not a remake)

1 is a port of a rather new game(dkc returns)

so thats TWO remakes from nintendo
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3BassGSX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 11:15:49 PM
OP slightly amended for clarity and accuracy sake. That still doesn't defeat the inquiry overall.
#4AceMosPosted 5/5/2013 11:29:06 PM
BassGSX posted...
OP slightly amended for clarity and accuracy sake. That still doesn't defeat the inquiry overall.

you still dont get it link to the past 3D is a sequel not a remake or retro game

its a brand new game with new mechanics
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5SMASHKING84Posted 5/5/2013 11:43:50 PM
AceMos posted...
BassGSX posted...

you still dont get it link to the past 3D is a sequel not a remake or retro game

its a brand new game with new mechanics

this
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92sQJbc-7Ys
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this