What if digital games released a few days before retail would you go digital?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What if digital games released a few days before retail would you go digital?
3 years ago#1
Digital or Retail ? - Results (153 votes)
Digital
23.53% (36 votes)
Retail
76.47% (117 votes)
This poll is now closed.
it would definitely be an incentive to go digital for me especially with games like animal crossing
3DS XL = 2423 2409 6597 - Collected All 73 Find Mii Hats
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
3 years ago#2
Nope. Still retail.

Maybe if Nintendo had a proper account system in place, but seeing as they don't, no way in hell.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
3 years ago#3
Never buy digital.
Lord Erieos is coming...
3 years ago#4
I tend to prefer digital for convenience.

One exception is Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

I got in on that great pre-order deal on NewEgg, plus it's such a large filesize, plus I can't see it having as much replay value as a game like Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, or Animal Crossing.

All 3 of which will/are digital for me, and I am loving it.
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
3 years ago#5
I wouldn't buy them a year in advance if they were still the same price as retail copies.

Even if it came out even further than a year before them, I would still buy the retail copy when it came out and delete the digital copy.
http://www.last.fm/user/Nintendofrog
http://i.imgur.com/Vh4l7o2.gif
3 years ago#6
ServantOfErieos posted...
Never buy digital.

Yeah, this. Even on Xbox 360 and PS3 I don't buy Digital.
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
3 years ago#7
I'm not a fan of digital. I'll still go with physical copies even if I had to wait a couple of days to play it.
3 years ago#8
Doesn't that already happen with Nintendo? For us West Coasters, Nintendo games such as Fire Emblem get released a few hours before the launch date digitally then are a pain in the ass to find in stores, preordered or not. My answer is still no though.
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
3 years ago#9
If a proper account system was implemented I'd go digital, but as things stand now, retail.
3 years ago#10
The lack of an account system is the issue here.

We don't need all these incentives and digital arguments, there are a lot of us who do like digital but don't like Nintendo's lack of accounts.
Moo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What if digital games released a few days before retail would you go digital?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived