XSEED rebranded to Marvelous USA, Inc.

#11AkaneJonesPosted 5/6/2013 6:25:02 PM
Oh so this explains why Xseeds is handling Rune Factory 4 again. For those who didn't know Rune Factory Frontier was given to Xseeds, over Natsume, but they had distribution problems. Natsume only ever had delays over Harvest Moon. Because of that Marvelous gave Muramasa & Arc Rise Fantasia over to Ignition for extra money. Ignition screwed the over and Rune Factory with Harvest Moon styled with Natsume.

The mean Xseeds is now Marvelous official western branch. Nothing wrong, as long as it doesn't effect them in the future for random non-Marvelous Japanese RPGs.
#12badboyPosted 5/6/2013 8:11:04 PM(edited)
XSEED is already owned by Marvelous AQL.
The XSEED brand will still be used according to the XSEED forums mod.
This new brand will be used for the mobile and online games. They acquired Atlus Online.
#13LightHawKnightPosted 5/6/2013 8:20:16 PM
AkaneJones posted...
Oh so this explains why Xseeds is handling Rune Factory 4 again. For those who didn't know Rune Factory Frontier was given to Xseeds, over Natsume, but they had distribution problems. Natsume only ever had delays over Harvest Moon. Because of that Marvelous gave Muramasa & Arc Rise Fantasia over to Ignition for extra money. Ignition screwed the over and Rune Factory with Harvest Moon styled with Natsume.

The mean Xseeds is now Marvelous official western branch. Nothing wrong, as long as it doesn't effect them in the future for random non-Marvelous Japanese RPGs.

OOOOO!!!! XSeed shall be doing all Marvelous stuff now that they are for sure in name Marvelous?! So HM games shall come out on a timely basis with no glitches and bugs!? Also no typos?! And they wont spell their own name wrong in the game?!
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#14NeonYoshi11Posted 5/7/2013 1:09:22 AM
Abiz_ posted...
Good job Marvelous on loosing brand name reputation. You so dumb.

yea.....there are already other things with the name marvel in it that just kind of wash this name out in the crowd.

XSEED stood out from the other names...

Dumb move on their part.

Somebody is trying to push the marvelous brand name

I'm guessing a very uncreative rich person.
#15gfaqsterPosted 5/7/2013 1:19:12 AM
ewww such a dumb sounding name.

XSEED sounded cool anb badass like some gundam mecha anime or something.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#16TiaelPosted 5/7/2013 4:31:14 AM
They'll still be known as XSEED.

It's really no change for you guys. We're still going to be releasing games under the name XSEED, just as we always have.

If this announcement has any repercussions to XSEED stuff, it'll be that (A) we might get more overseas support than ever before, and (B) we might get more Marvelous titles. Both of which are good things. ;)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/06/xseed-acquires-atlus-online-becomes-marvelous-usa/

Comment from wyrdwad.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III, Tales of Graces f, Soul Hackers
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#17ClassicSuperPosted 5/7/2013 4:41:36 AM
gfaqster posted...
ewww such a dumb sounding name.

XSEED sounded cool anb badass like some gundam mecha anime or something.

I will agree with the first part. Read my post with a Russian accent.
#18ARsignal11Posted 5/7/2013 5:46:04 AM
randomshems posted...
They are 100% still using xseed games as their brand name it's kinda like atlus is for index

As long as this is still true, then they can call themselves whatever they want.

Xseed, as a name, has gained great recognition in the niche gaming community. To ditch it would be a dumb moved, as others have stated.