A sad day and sad decisions to be made. Buy this for just one game?

#1XiocamiePosted 5/6/2013 5:15:26 PM
Put simply, I'm not a handheld gaming type of person, if I'm outside my home I'll be to busy to be playing a game and at home I don't like just being hunched over on a tiny screen (even with the 3DS XL, not much compared to my TV.) HOWEVER. There's ONE game that I'm simply dying to play, of course, it's only on the 3DS. So we have a problem.

Buying the 3DS for just ONE game is obviously a silly thing to do (unless you're rich) I can guarantee that the 3DS will see no further use from me after I finish said game, MAYBE one other game in the future, but I don't think the price tag will justify just 2 games. So now, put simply, WAT DO?

I'm half contemplating just (sadly) watching one of those let's play walkthroughs that someone does on youtube. Meh..at least I get to the see the entire game, even if I can't play it. It'll be like a movie that someone else gets to enjoy more than I.

I wish I could just have a 3DS for two days to finish this thing and then be done with it, but pretty sure console rentals went the way of 1990's blockbuster rentals.
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 5/6/2013 5:17:38 PM
if you only want to play one game out of many for the 3ds, it is not worth getting. at least 5 now and more later would be worth getting.
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#3promo123Posted 5/6/2013 5:18:57 PM
What game is it?
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#4MonoculusPosted 5/6/2013 5:19:28 PM
You can probably find a lightly used 3DS on Cowboom for $89 or $99 and tax if you're in the US. Grab that, rent the game, and if you can't find anything else you want to play, sell it on eBay; if it's in good condition you can probably get at least $120 for it, which after fees would be close to breaking even, leaving you stuck with the game rental fees. Only flaw is that shipping from Cowboom generally takes around a week.

Honestly I can think of half a dozen great games for the 3DS, excluding ports/remakes, regardless of what genre you're generally a fan of, but in the end it's all up to you.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 2466-1889-8046
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita|3DS XL
#5MottmanPosted 5/6/2013 5:19:55 PM
You have me curious, TC: what is the one game that you want to play?
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#6Furikuri_flclPosted 5/6/2013 5:22:22 PM
If you can't find anything else to play on the 3DS, you're not looking really hard at its library.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#7KittenLinaPosted 5/6/2013 5:22:52 PM
I'm sure that even though there is only one game that there are others you are even slightly interested in, or WILL be others you are interested in. Even if there aren't, the 3DS is cheap enough right now, so go for it. Now, me buying a Wii U just for Earthbound, now that is bad...
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8KurizakaPosted 5/6/2013 5:25:49 PM
If you look hard enough, you may be able to find a good deal on a 3DS somewhere! At first, I only wanted a PSP for Crisis Core, but then I found a ton of other games that interested me. Maybe it'll be the same for you?
#9NeonYoshi11Posted 5/7/2013 1:11:37 AM
open up your mind.

There are so many good games out there.

Right now there are over 500+ games worth playing........
#10ImGanondorfLolPosted 5/7/2013 2:11:28 AM
You don't buy the 3DS for portability, you buy the 3DS because you don't want to miss out on great games. I rarely I take my 3DS outside of the house, I just the games.