Lol @ digital games

#41n00bsaib0tPosted 5/7/2013 10:18:48 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I won't be buying any digital retail games until they have an account system.

I have a question though. On the 360 and PS3, when the game is tied to your account, what happens if your console or hard drive dies? I've only downloaded one retail game on the 360, but I don't know how it works.

You can recover your account on any 360 or PS3 and redownload them. Depending on the game PA3 games get two or three consoles, and 360 has unlimited online consoles but only one online console with a limit of one license transfer a year (so of you're signed into XBL you can have it on 100 systems, but for offline it's 1 only).

And Nintendo can do a transfer for you if you have the old and new serial numbers. It's BS that its up to them though. I tried scamming free games and they did it, but people that legitimately need it can't get transfers 9/10 times.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#42Tzuba12Posted 5/8/2013 12:23:50 AM
Tell that to my friend who had his 360, PS3, and Wii stolen, with all his games when someone broke into his house. Those were physical copies. How do you suggest he get them back?
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#43SlaysmePosted 5/8/2013 1:01:14 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...

I have a question though. On the 360 and PS3, when the game is tied to your account, what happens if your console or hard drive dies? I've only downloaded one retail game on the 360, but I don't know how it works.

You can recover your account on any 360 or PS3 and redownload them. Depending on the game PA3 games get two or three consoles, and 360 has unlimited online consoles but only one online console with a limit of one license transfer a year (so of you're signed into XBL you can have it on 100 systems, but for offline it's 1 only).

And Nintendo can do a transfer for you if you have the old and new serial numbers. It's BS that its up to them though. I tried scamming free games and they did it, but people that legitimately need it can't get transfers 9/10 times.

Dude, seriously? You're a scumbag.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#44TheWhoFanPosted 5/8/2013 5:05:17 AM
I love digital distribution. But mostly because I'm spoiled by how well Steam does it (and, to a lesser extent, XBL and PSN). I see no reason why Nintendo can't implement an account system. I would feel a lot safer and I would definitely invest more on digital games that way.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#45iloveyoshi0XOPosted 5/8/2013 5:53:57 AM
Pork_buttonmash posted...
This is why I don't buy digital games. Only Ill informed people buy those. Until Nintendo fixes their E-shop and makes accounts, I refuse to spend a cent on it.

---
wii FC-2012 7391 6254 2047 | 3DS FC 4339 2584 4120
PSN- uber_Gruber
#46gamester_12345Posted 5/8/2013 6:09:11 AM
I wish there was some sort of account system, heck even Nintendo has a Club Nintendo in the US and Nintendo VIP in the EU....you can even attach VIP accounts to the handhelds/wii U's themselves...unsure if america/japan can do that too, but i couldn't see why not.

Serious, they're sorta backwards at the moment...30p just to transfer and upgrade VC games from Wii Mode to Wii U mode, no shared device dealie like the PS3, it seems like a severely weaker Steam at best (in just that Content is great due to back-catalog, but because you have to buy it for every system you own is a bit bad)
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#47Kouji_TaminoPosted 5/8/2013 6:59:58 AM
Pork_buttonmash posted...
This is why I don't buy digital games. Only Ill informed people buy those. Until Nintendo fixes their E-shop and makes accounts, I refuse to spend a cent on it.

I guess I'm ill informed then. I have several digital-only games and plan on buying Animal Crossing on the eShop.
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
#48EkaruPosted 5/8/2013 7:08:11 AM
Benify posted...
Enjoy losing all your games when your 3DS gets stolen. Punk.

Man, having physical games for our GC helped ensure that both times it got stolen we didn't lose any games at all!

...I wish.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
#49KurizakaPosted 5/8/2013 9:38:08 AM
WithYouForYou posted...
Kurizaka posted...
Your house can be broken into and all your physical games stolen. Hell, my boyfriend had some of his games stolen by professional movers!

Only lazy people hire sketchy professionals.

The point is, anything can be stolen. You try moving from Hawaii by yourself. It's not as easy as packing up a U-haul.
#50Kinneth123Posted 5/8/2013 9:42:08 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...

Scamming the system makes it even HARDER for those who legitimately need it, meaning you're a part of the problem.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;