is harvest moon 3d worth getting, in wait for AC:NL?

#1marioparty17Posted 5/7/2013 6:59:11 PM
I played the DS one to death, and I really don't want to replay the gamecube one because I don't have a AR yet.

Im more of a handheld gamer myself, I see the gbc game on eshop is coming out, would that be good choice.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#2Eric_CoronaPosted 5/7/2013 7:00:35 PM
Harvest Moon 3D: A new beginning is totally worth it. Trust me :)
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#3Darkstorm16Posted 5/7/2013 7:01:07 PM
They both are worth it in their own merits
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#4GhetsisPosted 5/7/2013 7:24:41 PM
Er, GameCube one? DS one? Both systems got multiple Harvest Moon games. Unless you're talking about Animal Crossing.

Anyway, I haven't played too much of ANB, but it's good. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's better than most of the Harvest Moon games to come out in the past eight or so years.

As for Harvest Moon GB, it's....very, very barebones. It doesn't have marriage, and the only livestock you can raise are cow and chicken. The town is menu-based, too. If you want an incredibly simple Harvest Moon game, I suppose ti's a good choice (though 2 is better.) It's pretty much a watered-down port of the original game.

It probably won't be on VC for a while, but if it ever does arrive, Harvest Moon 3 is definitely worth checking out. It's my favorite game in the series, and it has a lot of unique concepts that were never really used again.

If you're willing to try other systems, the two games I would recommend are (More) Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, and Boy & Girl on PSP. A remake and port, respectively, of Back to Nature. This is usually considered the best game in the series by many, and I would have to agree if it weren't for HM3. Though if you get Boy & Girl, be sure to get a digital version, the UMD has horrid load times.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5XRay2984Posted 5/7/2013 7:30:26 PM
It's pretty good, though it does get stale after a while. If you've got other things in your backlog, skip it.
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#6PuddingchanPosted 5/7/2013 8:40:18 PM
I think that AC:NL is a better choice.

The last few harvest moons were so repetitive and time-rushed that I didn't enjoy them very much. I'm not sure about the latest 3D entry but I would think it is the same.

Ghetsis posted...
Er, GameCube one? DS one? Both systems got multiple Harvest Moon games. Unless you're talking about Animal Crossing.

Anyway, I haven't played too much of ANB, but it's good. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's better than most of the Harvest Moon games to come out in the past eight or so years.

As for Harvest Moon GB, it's....very, very barebones. It doesn't have marriage, and the only livestock you can raise are cow and chicken. The town is menu-based, too. If you want an incredibly simple Harvest Moon game, I suppose ti's a good choice (though 2 is better.) It's pretty much a watered-down port of the original game.

It probably won't be on VC for a while, but if it ever does arrive, Harvest Moon 3 is definitely worth checking out. It's my favorite game in the series, and it has a lot of unique concepts that were never really used again.

If you're willing to try other systems, the two games I would recommend are (More) Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, and Boy & Girl on PSP. A remake and port, respectively, of Back to Nature. This is usually considered the best game in the series by many, and I would have to agree if it weren't for HM3. Though if you get Boy & Girl, be sure to get a digital version, the UMD has horrid load times.

I love Harvest Moon 3. Travelling to the Island just to watch movies was quite interesting. Auto-watering was great too! Only thing was the girl's game ended early (hey not fair...)
#7EmeraldroxPosted 5/7/2013 9:00:45 PM
HM:ANB is an amazing game. I'd definitely recommend it.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#8WiseWarrior101Posted 5/7/2013 9:11:54 PM
Harvest Moon 3D is an incredible game--game is HUGE, so much to do and you never get bored. That was a problem I had with previous Harvest Moons, but not with this one.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
I found Yoshi's Story harder than The Lost Levels. Number of people who agree: Absolutely no one.