Can I transfer my downloads to a different 3DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can I transfer my downloads to a different 3DS?

User Info: Hackfestreturns

Hackfestreturns
3 years ago#1
I have the black Zelda 3DS and I think I want to sell it on eBay and then get an XL. Is there a way to transfer all my downloads? I'm pretty sure I can reset the original so it's factory restored, but I have a lot of downloaded games I wouldn't want to lose, including some Club Nintendo games I spent points on. Thanks.
For 2 consoles we turn a profit by selling old hardware instead of competing head on, hoping the included gimmick will entice you - Nintendo

User Info: Xxerran

Xxerran
3 years ago#2
I recently transferred my games from a zelda edition to an XL, it can be done, but you need your orginal system and the new system to do a transfer. Then you can sell your old one. Repeat you need both systems at the same time to do a system transfer. Real easy process, shouldn't have any problems.
Currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening & Luigi's Mansion & Devil Summoner Soul Hackers
FC 5327 - 1431 - 0630 Add me

User Info: blazeUP12

blazeUP12
3 years ago#3
You need both systems and a Wifi connection to do the system transfer.
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX

User Info: Hackfestreturns

Hackfestreturns
3 years ago#4
Nice. I guess I can pick up the XL early then.
For 2 consoles we turn a profit by selling old hardware instead of competing head on, hoping the included gimmick will entice you - Nintendo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can I transfer my downloads to a different 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived