3ds or vita?

#1DBN_StealthPosted 5/8/2013 7:10:32 PM
thinking about picking up a portable system, the last one I owned was a DS lite. I cant decide, I want a 3ds because of mario,zelda, and pokemon. I want a vita for mainlyplaying ps1/ps2 classics on the go and I head persona 4 golden was a good rpg on there. On the other hand the vita is like 100 dollars more.... idk what do you guys think?
#2Zero280Posted 5/8/2013 7:11:18 PM
3DS easily.
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#3Pork_buttonmashPosted 5/8/2013 7:15:13 PM
Go with the one that captivates you the most. That's what I did. They both have some awesome games, but I just had to go with the 3ds, plus I have some DS games I just can't part with. I just wish the 3DS had some better fighting games. Damn lucky Vita owners >.>
#4yankee6903Posted 5/8/2013 7:22:34 PM
Take top 10 games from metacritic and top 10 from the gamepage here on gamefaqs. Look on youtube and whatever has more games you like then purchase. IE if its 13 3DS and 11 Vita then get a 3DS.
#5x_stevey_xPosted 5/8/2013 7:30:09 PM
i picked 3ds because it compliments my pc collection the best. i felt like i was missing out on nintendo games and wanted something portable.

though i am a sad panda that terraria is being released on vita and not 3ds. i have so many hours invested in terraria and would love a portable version
#6Half-GhostPosted 5/8/2013 7:39:05 PM
Both have their strengths, but as of right now I think the 3DS is better due to its library. For me I'm waiting for a price drop in the Vita before i make the purchase.
#7DemonBuffetPosted 5/8/2013 9:18:52 PM
I have a Vita, and to be honest, I've played the crap out of P4G.
But I burnt out on it after 110 hours.
Now I'm waiting for my animal crossing XL because the 3DS library is more diverse than Vita's right now.
I'd go 3DS.
Not to say I don't appreciate my Vita, it just needs games like the Wii U.
#8KittenLinaPosted 5/8/2013 9:34:50 PM(edited)
I have both and they're both awesome. Each has different games, and their own strengths and weaknesses.

Get the one of the company that has been better to you, as the game libraries for both are just more of the same (Not a bad thing!!)

Ohhh, one major thing, if you're going to get a PS4 get a Vita. Vita will be to PS4 what Wii U is to Wii.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#9TohruAdachiPosted 5/8/2013 9:34:44 PM
I have both and personally the only thing worth getting on the PS Vita is Dragon's Crown,Persona 4 Golden,and Gravity Rush. Gravity Rush is only 20 hours,Persona 4 Godlen I pumped in 200+ hours,and Dragon Crowns I actually haven't played it but despite the stupid fanservice,it looks really good. Playstation All Star,although not exclusive to PS Vita is really bad in my opinion,I used to play it a lot but than realized how bad the game is gonna end up,the companies that made it are horrible at listening to their customers,and even though it's their first attempt they did a lot of things wrong,arcade sucked,achieving things was easy,probably the easiest game ever to get platinum.

There's a couple good games you can buy on the PSN though I guess.

I prefer 3DS any time though. There's such a big variety of games to choose from that I don't want to list them but lets just say that I'm willing to spend 1000$ on 3DS just to buy all the great freaking games on it.
#10MogMoogle1Posted 5/8/2013 9:36:46 PM
Follow games, not consoles, otherwise you'll have an expensive paper weight. I would suggest get both, but if yer tight on cash, pick the one with the larger library of games that interest you till you have more money to get both.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph
Persona 4 Golden: http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif